14

Alexis

Ruby was speeding to the hospital while I was bawling my eyes out

Ruby was speeding to the hospital while I was bawling my eyes out. Who could've did this to him. His mom said he's in surgery and was unresponsive. I'm praying he makes it.

We pull up to the hospital and I jump out. I ran right to the elevator because I already knew the floor to go to. I was shaking so bad and my tears were blurring my vision. I met his family in the waiting area. His mom, Ms. Andria hugged me while I cried in her arms as She rubbed my back.

"It's going to be alright. God already told me." She said.

"I know Ms. Andria but I can't —I —but" I tried to talk but I couldn't. She held me for a while before letting go.

I went and sat down by his sister Brianna being that, that was the only seat Because It was packed. The whole crew was there and his family ofcourse. I finally got myself to stop crying and started praying. I have faith he'll make it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••🙏🏽••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's been 2 days and Bryshere was still in the hospital. I was going crazy because He wasn't doing too good at all. I was at Ms. Andria's house with Brianna, Keith, Woody and Luke. We were all watching movies lounging around, we've all been here since yesterday morning. Oh yeah, Tianna tried to bring her stupid ass here but Ms. Andria didn't want any drama and I was here first so 🤷🏽‍♀️.

"I'm about to cook something. Y'all hungry"? Brianna asked all of us.

"Yeah" we all said in unison and we all laughed.

"Y'all should have been said something and Woody you usually be all up in the kitchen when you come here now you acting weird" Brianna said

"I know man. I'm just worried for my bro. This shit got me stressed for real" Woody said.

I felt every word. We were all worried and couldn't do anything but be patient, pray and have faith.

"I know Woody, but y'all we have to believe. I know my brother, he's going to live through this. God said so as well. Stop moping around and thank God in advance for healing him and getting him through this. This is a test of faith." Brianna said.

"Amen" I said lowly.

"I got some cards and we can roll up or something. My mama don't drink liquor like that but we have a bunch of wine 🍷 " Brianna said.

"Aight cool. Where they at Bri" Woody asked.

"You need help in the kitchen"? I asked Brianna

"No , you need to relax. I got this. Does every one eat spaghetti, garlic bread, & salad?" We all shook our heads yes and she goes to the kitchen.

"Owe, The Wood" I said clicking on the movie.

"Ahhh this my shit" Woody said looking at the TV.

"Mine too. They could've got some other young boys to play them though." I said giggling

"Exactly Lexis, I told Luke the same thing and he talking bout they look alike" Keith said

"They do!" Luke yelled while laughing.

"Bro you tripping for real. They don't look nothing alike. You blind as fuck man." Woody said.

"Aight , that's y'all opinion " Luke said shuffling the cards.

"I'm about to go roll up in the car real quick. Anybody coming"? Woody asked

"Me" everybody said, even Brianna. Everyone rolled up their own blunt and we hot boxed in Woodys car.

"Who farted bih"? Woody asked causing everybody to laugh. I started choking because of the smoke and Brianna started patting my back.

"That was you nigga" Keith said laughing.

"Keith shut cho lemon head ass up. It wasn't me" Woody said.

"Lexis, why don't you like Tianna? Sis cool" Brianna asked.

"She never liked me to begin with and was always rude. She hates Bryshere and I's friendship" I said. I wasn't trying to go into detail but that was the summary.

"Oh wow" she said.

"Awkwardddd" Luke said causing me to laugh.

"Shut upppp Luke" I said still laughing while Keith was coughing like crazy.

"Damn bro, you alright"? Luke asked Keith.

"He don't even smoke. Wtf you doing smoking"? Woody asked Keith while cracking up.

"I hit it from time. I'm not a smoker and mind yo business, I'm grown as fuck. Stay out of a mans place" Keith said.

"Okayyy Keith. With that bass in your voice"! Brianna shouted causing me and Woody to laugh, he was falling all over me and I hit him. Woody and I are the goofiest out off all of us. We laugh at everything! Everytime he laughing with me, he always fall all on me if he's by me.

"Y'all stupid man" Luke said laughing and choking. It was so damn foggy and we weren't even done smoking yet.

"We gotta turn up for Yazz tonight" Keith said.

"Yeah we do" Brianna said

"I just hope he good man" Luke said.

"Ok, Ok enough of that cause I'm sensitive when I'm smoking ." I said

"Girl me too" Brianna said. We finished up smoking and then went back in the house. Brianna started the food while they played cards. I was finishing The Wood and Justin texted me.

Justin: hey how you feeling?
5:15pm

Me: I'm ok I think.
5:15pm

Justin: can I see you?
5:16pm

Me: no not right now. I'm with my fam.
5:17pm

Justin: I understand. Wyd?
5:20pm

I responded to him and we had small talk. I was too busy focused on Bryshere that I didn't really want to talk to him.

The food was finally done and we ate while watching movies. It was so damn good , I didn't know Brianna could cook like this. She made so much it was enough for us to get thirds.

I poured myself some wine after I finished eating.

"I can't drink no wine man. I'm going to the liquor store ." Luke said

"I'm going too bro" Keith said getting up.

Keith and Luke left and came back with 2 bottles of Crown Royal. I took a few shots and rolled up. I smoked with Brianna and we came back inside.

"Y'all some potheads" Luke said

"And you're an alcoholic" I spat. I hate when people say that to me. Like let me smoke in peace.

"Chill out. I was joking" Luke said back shaking his head.

"I know" I said smiling.

"You heard anything yet Bri" Keith asked

"Nah. My mom still up there. They not telling her anything" Brianna replied and the room grew silent. We decided to just drink and watch movies. Neither of us was in the mood.