Shane Madej

Shane set down the radio and looked at the crew, all shocked after hearing about what Ryan said. 

Shane trusted Ryan, he even knew Ryan would tell him anything if it was life threatening. Shane normally is the chill one in their group, but not right now. He was worried for Ryan. Really worried. Shane has never heard Ryan act like this before, so what could he do?

Shane grabbed his flashlight and checked the batteries in it. He tried lightening the mood, maybe that could hide his fear? "Ryan must be going crazy, k'now,   hallucinating..."

The crew continued to pack up their equipment in silence, as Shane gathered up his tools he'll need: his flashlight, the camera, maybe some spare batteries, and his radio. 

It was foolish of him to act like this, this wasn't the normal everyday-Shane Ryan enjoyed hanging out with. He was more..soft in this way. Shane wasn't caring about his appearance or teasing Ryan or anything like that. Right now, Ryan was his main focus. They've been friends for a while and doing the show together brought them closer. They seemed like family. Partners, too. But Shane knew that Ryan wouldn't ever think they would reach an actual relationship. 

"Shane? You still there?"

Shane turned around, his cheeks were heating up. He knew it wasn't time to waste time, he had to save Ryan. Hopefully this will turn out easy. "Yeah, I'm here. I'll go and find him now.."

Shane searched the endless hallways, all had faded colors and peeling paint. He was used to this, since many haunted places did look like this. Where was the room? Left...right..right..left..or was it another right? The hallways confused him. How did Ryan know this place so well? Maybe it's because of him being the one who does all the research while Shane fools around. Realizing this, Shane should really help Ryan next time.

The hallways constantly looked the same: the same wall colors, peeling paint, and the darkness. Shane stepped foot into a familiar hallway, before falling on his back again. Shane noticed under his huge foot was Ryan's spilt batteries, and in front was the flashlight. The light was dim now, due to it being on for so long. 

Shane picked up Ryan's mess. Surely this was proof something did attack Ryan..but what? Out of the corner of his eye was the spirit box. Surely Ryan would be mad if Shane left this behind, so he picked it up. 

Following Ryan's instructions, he followed the light. Shane poked his head in every room, searching for Ryan. It was constantly the same: same color, darkness, peeling paint, and no furniture. Shane was about to turn around and head back before realizing there was another room, one he didn't check. He poked his head in the room and examined it slowly. This one did have furniture in it: a small chair, a pile of blankets, toys, and a bed. Shane walked closer to the bed. He shone the light on it and to his surprise, Ryan was there, fast asleep.

Shane examined Ryan: his shirt was torn and covered with claw marks, his jeans looked more like shorts, he had some bruises all over him, his right eye turned into a black eye, and right there on his forehead was a massive bruise, looking more of a black color than the normal purple. 

He set his stuff down on the end of the bed and picked up Ryan. Shane laid Ryan across his left arm to his right arm, giving space to carry his other gear. 

Before Shane could leave the room, he shuttered. The air around him was cold. He felt fingers run around his collarbone, ice-cold ones. He heard a whisper behind him after the fingers left his body. 

"Ryan will come back to me, Shane Madej. He isn't safe with you..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let's get out of here." Mark said to Shane as he returned. Shane could feel Ryan slowly waking up. 

He knew Ryan wouldn't be the one who should drive now. He had such a hard experience after Shane abandoned him there. There with the- wait, was Shane really starting to believe in ghosts? No, it was just Ryan going crazy. He must've hit his head of something, maybe fell down a flight of stairs. Ghosts weren't real, right?

Shane set Ryan into the passenger seat. He slid the seatbelt over Ryan and locked it in place. Shane got into the car and waited for Mark and the crew to hit the road. 

Shane watched them. Of course they forgot to load the equipment. He looked in the rear-view mirror, the one hanging from the ceiling. Shane noticed Ryan's camera. Ryan had it with when Shane abandoned him and when Ryan was in the bed. It was still recording, to Shane's surprise. Wouldn't the batteries die by now? Shane picked it up and turned the camera off. He would investigate the footage for Ryan when they were back home. For now, they needed to find a hotel to stay in.

Shane took a glance at Ryan. Apparently Ryan was still fast asleep, still quietly snoring. Shane couldn't hide the fact that it was cute watching Ryan sleep, with no clue of what's happening around him. The quiet snoring, the way he always curls up, and how when he gets scared, he'll get close to Shane for comfort. At least that's how it went when they had to stay in a single bed motel room. 

Shane pulled out of the parking lot once he noticed the crew was already hitting the road now. He didn't want to fall behind. All Shane had to do was follow them to their motel. Easy. But that's what Ryan told Shane to do: follow the light. They both are easy for Shane, but why just those simple words? Shane knew right off the bat that Ryan was hiding something. Something he didn't want to tell Shane. But Ryan's asleep; he can't talk to Shane right now! 

Shane sighed, trying to forget. He just needed rest. They all did...