Finale

"Shane! Where are you?" 

"Shut up, Ryan... I'm right here, you idiot..." Shane groaned. 

He sat up in the bed, Ryan was next to him, panicking. Once Ryan saw Shane's face, he froze then gave Shane a hug. 

"Oh you wouldn't believe the dream I had last night! It was horrible!"

"I can tell," Still tired, Shane rolled his eyes and gave Ryan a pat on the back.

Shane was glad Ryan was okay after fainting. He had to admit, Ryan was pushing himself too hard out there after Shane scared him. Scared him almost to death. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to scare him in that room...

Silence flooded the room and Shane could feel the scared man's aura. By his hand, he felt something cold touch it, sending him to flinch and pull his arm away. But to Shane's surprise, it was Ryan's trembling hand that touched his. Feeling a warmth spread through his body, Shane looked at Ryan and saw Ryan's cheeks a different color. It was too dark in the hotel room, but Shane assumed Ryan was blushing.

It was Shane's idea to get a hotel room to crash, knowing Ryan wouldn't enjoy it back in the asylum they explored. He would do anything for his friend, even risk his life just to save Ryan's poor soul. 

Ryan had moved his face more into the moonlight that shone from the only window in the small hotel room. There, on Ryan's face, laid a smile. Shane couldn't help but smile. Still, there was silence and no one dared to speak up.

Except Ryan.

"Shane," Ryan whispered, afraid of someone hearing him, "do you love me?"

Those four words repeated inside Shane's mind, not stoping. Shane honestly didn't know what to say. He loved Ryan as a friend, but did he really love Ryan more than a friend?

Shane had known this answer for so long, yet he just didn't know how to actually say it towards Ryan. Did Ryan actually love Shane back? What if Ryan doesn't? But in the end, there's only one way to find an answer. "Yes, I do love you, Ryan."

In a blink of an eye, Ryan placed his soft lips on Shane's and never pulled back. Shane leaned towards Ryan and gave into the long awaited kiss. Both men finally stopped hiding their feelings from each other and instead of telling, the kiss explained everything. 

Shane and Ryan couldn't have been happier. They had each other now, and will always. They weren't just best friends, instead, they were lovers. They were soul mates. How do I know? Because, I was the one who helped Ryan reach this point. I was the one who gave Ryan the dream and was the one who told Shane to scare Ryan. 

Who am I?

Well, there's only one thing to say...

I am William T. Bennett.