Ryan Bergara

Loneliness. Everyone has felt lonely many times in their life, but was it normal to feel lonely for the rest of your life? Ryan cursed under his breath as he, once again, got drowned in this darkness. Not fully sure, Ryan felt like he had sold his soul to Satan. He felt this way for many reason, especially what happened last night.

Ryan sat down on the ground in the jet-black room. He hugged his knees, trembling with fear of what was happening to Shane. Silence sent a quiet echo throughout this lonely room until a voice broke it.

"Ryan, I can hear everything you say and think. I know every little secret about you, whether or not you like it." The voice said to Ryan, making him tremble with fear. He was alone in his bedroom, no sign of life but him. This couldn't be the thing speaking to him. Could it?

"W-Who are you?" Once again, the poor boy trembled, his eyes already filling up with tears and already feeling hopeless.

"Great to finally hear you say those words! You don't know me but I know-"

"'But I know you,' get to your point already you son of a bitch!"

"Can't you let me speak for one moment or else I will kill you and everyone you love!"

Ryan, suddenly losing the jolt of confidence he felt, slouched on his bed and rolled his teary eyes, slowly crossing his arms. 

"As I was saying, what you are currently hearing is coming from your mind. Only you can hear it, no one else. And you probably already know this but you're possessed. Possessed by a demon. And that demon is me: William T. Bennett. I was once a kid at the assylum you and the tall knuckle-head visited, but I was placed in there because I was a gay and a psychopath. My parents thought I was messed up for being gay and so then I completely snapped, killing them both. I was later then sent to an asylum once the police found out instead of prison. Why? I dunno, but keep in mind I was only sixteen. I still am, though it's been decades since I last was alive. Now with you, I feel alive again and felt like myself again! That's why I possessed you."

Ryan stared at his hands, a slight breeze blew over his hands. Then, an outline of actual hands appeared. These hands were pail like a piece of paper. They were a bit smaller than his hands, and were covered in cuts and bruises.

Ryan looked up to see a transparent figure of a boy standing right in front of Ryan. The boy's hands grasped Ryan's hands, sending a shiver up the alive boy's spine. He slowly shut his eyes then opened, thinking it was all a dream. Nope. The transparent boy that stood in front of him had blood-shot eyes from pain and the past. His skin was still pail like a piece of paper and was again cut up and bruised. On the neck of this young boy laid old hickeys and a long scar right around it. The clothes the boy wore were simple and torn, sending some early 1900's vibes to Ryan. This was a ghost. It definitely was a ghost. 

"W-What  h-happened to you?" Ryan stuttered.

"Many things, kid. I was a young teenage psycopathic kid who ran around smooching boys and killing them later. That's what I did. And that's how I was sent to the asylum. I was the worst one there and I heard that from rumors and gossip. Man, girls sure weren't very nice there..." Ryan heard him later mumble under his breath after stopping, "...or very pretty. But man were those boys there handsome."

"Okay, I get it that you were gay. But how did you die?"

Ryan regretted asking this question. He saw the thing-er-William look down, then sent out a deep chuckle, giving Ryan goosebumps up his trembling arms. William looked back up at Ryan with a hideous smirk across his face. His blood-shot eyes gave a sign of regret and death to Ryan. William cleared his throat and returned to his normal expression: a straight face. 

"Usually I wouldn't tell anyone how I died and then they would die but since I really like you, kid, I will tell you. But you may not be pleased to hear this response." 

Ryan gave a confused expression on his face. Liked? Does this kid really like me? As in love? 

"You see these hickeys on my neck? You know what they were from?" William pointed to the old, yet looked almost newly laid hickeys on his neck, then continued, "Well, I fell in love with this boy. His name was...uhh...Harris? Harris! That's his name! This kid was my age and he told me he was gay, too, but was sent here due to a medical condition or something. I forgot, but once night he shucked into my room and we had...Y'know...and then he died from pneumonia a month later and I got those things you call 'sexually transmitted disease' or something. Yeah. Then I died a year later but before I died, the workers found out and when I died, they hid the fact but scaring my neck to make it look like I killed myself. Nope. I died because of love."

"Oh..." That was the only response Ryan could give. Honestly, he never heard a death like that before. Yet, he never spoked to an actual demon before in his life. 

The two figures both stood in silence until William pulled Ryan closer to him. Ryan was shocked. He never ever thought that in his whole entire life he would eventually be pulled into a kiss with a demon before. William's lips were icy and very dry after years of being dead. While on the other hand, Ryan's were smooth and warm, being the fact he was still alive and well. Ryan felt a tongue slip through his lips and almost touched his until he pulled away. 

"No...I can't...I-I...You can't do that to me!" Ryan screamed, pushing the demon away from him and onto the ground. His body trembled more, showing how weak he really was and how easy it was for him to feel broken. That's what Ryan was. He was broken. Forever will be. 

"Relax, I know you like that knuckle-head that's your best friend."

"How??"

The dead boy gave Ryan an expression saying, 'you sure are an idiot,' yet Ryan didn't pick that up right away, leaving William to explain everything. "I can read your mind because I live inside of you. I know everything you feel, think, sense, and say. But with one easy step, I can make Shane fall in love with you."

Ryan leaned in closer, not fully liking the idea of having this demon make Ryan and Shane fall in love, yet it was the only choice he was given. "I listening..."

"You let me control your life by selling your soul to me-"

"NO!" Once again Ryan screamed and then stood up, his body tensing. 

"Come on, I know what Shane likes. I promise it's the only way  to get rid of me. You let me have your soul, I control your life, and then once I make Shane fall in love with you, I leave. And one more thing..."

"What is it this time?"

"Before I leave, you will be forced to love me by giving me a long kiss. A make out session is what I'm asking for once Shane falls in love with you, then I leave. Is that a deal?"

"...I know Shane wouldn't really like it if I told him this but...its a deal. But you promise you'll get Shane to love me or else I won't give you what you want!"

"Okay okay. It's all settled and now it's time for me to take over you now." William had fully disappeared from in front of Ryan. He was back in his place: Ryan's mind. 

Ryan felt light-headed and faintish. He soon felt unstable and soon fell into a pit of darkness. He was in control...

Ryan shuttered watching the flashback play out in front of him. He fully regretted making that deal. Why did he even make it in the first place? Because Ryan was being stupid! He should've done what everyone else does to fall in love with someone else: be themselves. But no, Ryan had to sell his soul to a demon. A demon who once was, and forever will be, a psychopath...