Chapter Twelve: You guys would have such cute babies!

"Kendall," his booming words echo down the corridor and I turn away from the noise, knowing only too well who the sexy voice belongs to. Footsteps ring out behind me but I ignore them and keep moving, desperate to put as much space between myself and Grant. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't angry or hurt and so I'd rather just give him the cold shoulder for a little but while I get my emotions in check.

Grant, clearly, has other ideas. Ones that are bound to cause a red mark across his face.

A warm hand clamps down on my coat and I turn around to face him with a glare, trying to ignore the heat spreading from my shoulder despite the layers between our skin. Before he can even open his mouth to say anything at all, I pull away from his touch as if it burns and start walking away to my lesson once more.

"Kendall please-" his hand grabbles for mine but I snatch it away quickly and swivel on my heel to face him. For a second, I let my eyes wander over his distressed face- his hair is a mess as if he's run his hands through it too many times and his eyes are alight with a glow only caffeine can provide.

"Go away Grant," I say sharply, letting my anger and frustration rest on my features. His face crumples into remorse and I almost snort at his expression- it's unlike Grant to be anything but cocky twenty-four-seven. I almost feel bad for him.

Almost.

Instead of arguing with me or trying to push me into a conversation, he nods and moves away. I turn my back on him, the image of his tired face swimming around in my mind. His heavy footsteps are loud through the partially empty corridor and I sigh, unbuttoning my coat and heading towards my first lesson without a second glance back to the blue-eyed boy.

I know I should've been more sympathetic to him, especially after my conversation with Kent. But Grant couldn't even be bothered to send me one single message- not even one of apology- and I could've been left out in the freezing cold night without a coat because of him.

I am devoid of sympathy for him.

But guilt still lingers in my stomach.

Before I can turn back around and search for him to apologise, I reach the classroom. As I'm about to enter the room, another hand touches my shoulder, more tentative than Grant's harsh pressure on me. I turn in shock, almost expecting to see the selfish ass again; instead I'm facing Kent, my hope sinking into mild disappointment. Why did I want to see Grant after what he put me through?

I'm becoming one of those clingy girls in the beginning of relationships.

Oh no.

I feel like I just lost myself a little.

"Hey, K," he smiles brightly at me and I try to mimic the look on his face. He removes his hand and pushes his glasses up onto his face as I wring my hands out in front of me. "Have you got Lit?" he asks, cocking his head to the side slightly; I almost reach out to pat his head like he's an excitable puppy.

I just about resist calling him 'Good Boy!' too.

"Yeah, have you?" I ask, pulling my coat completely off of my shoulders and holding it over an arm. Instead of answering, Kent nods and begins to follow me into the classroom with a gigantic smile on his handsome face.

Before I can even say anything else, Kent moves away from me to a gaggle of people wearing glasses and holding binders. My eyes linger there for a moment and Kent turns to cast me a dirty looks before turning away and chatting animatedly to the group. None of the others give me a second look.

I head towards the back of the class where the plastic girls sit, not doing much work at all (let's all be real for a second- they don't do any work at all). I'd be lying if I said I wasn't offended that Kent moved away from me so quickly- it's like I'm either an embarrassment or I have some sort of contagious disease.