1.29: seattle (part one)

Sephine

Ollie and I are sitting on the ground, breathing heavily after going through our variation one last time. "Do you want to go through it again, or do you think that's good enough?" I ask glancing over at Ollie. He's breathing just as heavily as I am even though both of us are in great shape due to Banes' extreme workouts.

"I think that you might be criminally insane if you want to go through that again." He breathes, and I shake lightly from silent laughter.

"God, I have no motivation to study for the test we have tomorrow in physics."

Ollie nods in agreement, "Yeah, odds are I'm going to fail it because I'm too tired to stay awake."

"I can't afford to sleep," I joke, but it's not really a joke. Ollie doesn't comment on the underlying truth to the sentence because he doesn't approve at all.

"Listen-uh-do you think you could help me with something?" He asks hesitantly while I wipe my face with the towel I keep in my dance bag.

"Sure, what do you need?" Ollie doesn't reply, but when I turn back to look at him, he's fidgeting with his hands. "Ollie?"

"Never mind." He pushes himself up off the ground, and it's safe to say that I'm thoroughly confused.

"No, not never mind. Something's been bothering you all night."

Ollie's shoulders sink, and it sets off alarm bells in my head. "It's nothing that I can't figure it out on my own. I'll be fine. I just need to work it out."

What's that supposed to mean? "Work what out?"

"It doesn't matter," He insists, smiling brightly at me. Bright enough that I easily recognize it as a front he's trying to put up.

I step closer and rest my hand on his arm, "Seriously, Ol, it does matter if you asked for my help."

He attempts at shrugging me off, but Ollie knows better than anyone that it's not that easy to shake me, "I then proceeded to un-ask for your help."

"Proving that you do need my help, but you're feeling guilty about something; I just don't know what that could be."

I've never seen him this unsure about anything; I genuinely have no idea what he could be this nervous about though?

Ollie's turned away from me, and I ignore the fact that he already shook me off once before and proceed to rest my hand gently on his shoulder. "Whatever it is, I'll do it."

He turns to face me with a pained look in his eyes, "Can I kiss you?"

"What?" He tenses and tries to pull away, but I hold him in place from my grip on his shoulder. "No, you need to explain. What is going on with you?"

Running a hand down his face, he struggles to meet my eyes. "I think that I might be...well-" But Ollie breaks off the sentence, unable to finish it.

I've truthfully never seen Ollie in that way, especially since I'm dating his cousin of all people. "I'm not angry; I'm just confused."

"Yeah, you're not the only one." He mumbles, still not helping me understand at all, but he takes a breath, squares his shoulders, but is struggling to meet my gaze. "I want to kiss you well I guess I don't really want to, I just... I think I might be gay. And well, you're the only person I trust enough to ask."

"Wow." It's the only thing that I can say because it was one of the last things I expected to come out of his mouth. But I guess it makes sense as to why he's never had a girlfriend or a random hookup at a party. I bite my lip, thinking of Ethan, but if he knew the circumstances, he would be okay with it, I would think? I mean, I would just be helping Ollie out, and it's not as if there's anything more than friendship between us, and Ethan should know that better than anyone. I guess it's just not up to me to tell him, considering Ollie might not be okay with telling Ethan yet.