Statue Garden Party

Statue Garden Party

The decadence of the nobility here was really an impressive thing. How these people managed to come up with new events, new gatherings, or new excuses to get together, drink, and gossip viciously about each other every single day baffled Felicie's mind. The time that they wasted simply because they had far too much of it on their hands was criminal.

However, today, the tea dance she was attending that afternoon with Manon served as an excellent excuse to bury herself deep into her role. If Cy came forward claiming her as a spy, she wanted him to be laughed at for the thought.

To that end, she had pulled out all the stops. The pink and orange dress she chose was her most beautiful and most ostentatious. The yards of lace that danced around her legs with each step made her look like she was walking on clouds while the gold draped over her neck and arms made her sparkle like the sun. She looked like the sunrise. Her personality was fun and effervescent and she bounced around the open garden of Lord Something-or-Other talking and laughing with people who she pretended to know and care about.

She was in full form. To the point where even Manon appeared to be having trouble keeping up with her seemingly endless energy.

The tea dance had barely started and she was already dancing. She had grabbed the first man she saw and dragged him towards where the musicians - a six piece string ensemble - were creating a light and airy symphony that matched perfectly with the sunny day.

The young lord she had snagged appeared to be her junior by a couple years. He wasn't even leading the dance. The surprised and overwhelmed expression on his face made her laugh as she twirled with him around the yard. The pleading looks for help he kept shooting people in the crowd was even better, however.

He was her hapless prisoner for only a short time. The first song hadn't even ended when a pair of hands caught their shoulders, trapping them both in place.

Felicie wasn't surprised, when she looked over her shoulder, to see Cy standing there, grinning at the two of them with that familiar smile she now knew to be as legitimate as her own.

"Mind if I cut in, Sloane?" He asked, his voice upbeat and charming.

Once again, Felicie felt that thrill rush through her body.

"No, please!" The young man sounded desperate, practically throwing Felicie at him.

She went without a fight, grabbing onto Cy's shoulder, her other hand grasping his with easy familiarity. For all that they had danced dozens of times before, it felt completely new as he began leading her effortlessly through the steps.

"Sleep well, Felly-Darling?" He asked, his face impeccably set in his mask.

"I was up and down all night, dreaming about you, Cy-Honey. I even had this particularly exciting dream about us in one of the statue gardens around the palace."

She saw a flash in his eyes. Desire, challenge, or a thrill similar to her own, she couldn't tell. It was covered too quickly, but she knew he wasn't immune to her either.

"Speaking of statue gardens, it has been determined that the gallery viewing for Aurelien's paintings will be held on the newest garden terrace. It's just been completed and offers a marvelous view of the waterfall."

"Lovely. When will it be held?"

"In two days time. I was planning on you accompany me, Felly-Darling." Though the words were softly spoken with his lilting charm, she couldn't help but notice that he wasn't asking.