LOST

Chapter 5: Lost

"We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school. That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood," Mike says to Lucas and Dustin in the morning as they all stand in his basement. El was sitting up, playing with the supercomm; Tee was still asleep.

"You seriously think that the weirdos know where Will is?" Lucas asks them as they look over at El and Tee.

"Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike begs his friend, needing his support.

"Okay," Lucas sighs.

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike asks and Lucas nods, bending into his backpack.

"Yeah. Binoculars from 'Nam. Army knife also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana and the wrist rocket." Lucas says, putting each item on the desk as he says it.

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin asks with a look on his face that can only be described as 'are you kidding me.'

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye..." Lucas stops talking and fires nothing at Dustin, just making the air move to scare him, "and blind it."

Mike sighed at his friend, "Dustin, what did you get?"

Dustin picks up his backpack as El gets up and walks over, not really caring if she's intruding.

"Well, alrighty. So, we've got Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, 3 musketeers, Nilla Wafers, apple, - banana, and trail mix." Dustin lists as he puts the candy on the table. El furrows her eyebrows as she looks at it all.

"Seriously?" Lucas asks, giving Dustin the same look Dustin was previously giving him.

"We need energy for our travels.
For stamina," Dustin defends his choice, "And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have them," Dustin says and pats El on the back, ending in El glaring at him.

"They shut one door!" Lucas shouts.

"With their minds! Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff they could do. Like..." Dustin stops and picks up a Star Wars toy before bringing it back to El, "I bet that she could make this fly!"

He drops it, expecting her to stop it, but she just gives him a look, "Hey. Hey. Okay, concentrate. Okay?" He drops it again.