TRAITOR

Chapter 12: Traitor

The five had started out on their mission and had been walking for about half an hour. Lucas and Dustin led the group, Dustin barely looking up from his compass as he followed the needle religiously. Lucas was stood next to him, caught up in his own thoughts about what was going on. Behind them walked Mike, Tee and El in a line, Mike on the left of Tee and El on the right of her.

"How much further?" Lucas asked Dustin, becoming more and more impatient and the seconds dragged on and on.

"I don't know," Dustin replied with a tone of annoyance clear in his voice, "These only tell direction, not distance," He explained simply, "You really need to learn more about compasses."

"I'm just saying," Lucas shrugged, looking down at his own compass, "How do we know when we get to the gate?" He asks the stupidly intelligent boy sitting next to him.

"Uh, I think a portal to another dimension is gonna be pretty obvious," Dustin says sarcastically, he really did wonder if his friends had any common sense hidden inside their brains.

There was a moment of silence between the two as Lucas looked back at the tree behind them. Mike was happily talking to Tee as she listened intently, however, Eleven on the other side of Tee was looking off and not engaging in conversation whatsoever.

"Do you think she's acting weird?" Lucas finally asks the question thats been burning in his mind since they set off.

"You're asking if the weirdo is acting weird?" Dustin asks confused as he glances back at the two girls, instantly clocking that Lucas is on about Eleven.

"I mean, weirder than normal?" Lucas asks with a small eye roll at Dustins last statement.

"I don't know," Dustin says, not epending much time thinking on it, they had bigger things to think about, "Who cares?"

"Mike?" Tee asked as they walked behind Lucas and Dustin, Mike hummed as a response, looking up from the ground to the girl next to him, "who's M-Molly Hart?"

Mike's heart sped up slightly at the name and smiled ever so slightly. He'd completely forgotten about it through what was going on.

"You're Molly Hart," He says to her, "Well, at least, that's who you were when we were younger."

"W-we knew ea-eachother?" Tee asks with her eyebrows furrowed.

"We were best friends," Mike says to her sadly, "inseparable."

"I-inseparable?" Tee butts in, looking at mike confused.