EMERGENCY

Chapter 10: Emergency

"Tee, do you copy? This is an emergency!"

"Tee? You there? Do you Copy? This is an emergency, you need to pick up, over."

Tee stared at the walker talkie as Mikes voice went through it. Joyce and Her were sat at the kitchen table with a hot chocolate each when it started going off.

Mike had been doing it for 7 minutes now.

And Tee would not pick up.

"If hopper wakes up to that he's gonna wish he was still asleep," Joyce jokes and Tee fakes a smile as she stares at her hot chocolate.

"Tee? Do you copy? Come on, I know you're there molly."

"What happened between you two anyways?" Joyce asked the girl as tee moved her line of vision from her hot chocolate to the walkie talkie.

"He l-lied, and g-got angry. So I got angry, and n-now I don't want to talk to him," Tee says, making Joyce nod, pretending to be super interested - she'd heard this story a million times from different people through the years. And they always ended the same.

"He sounds pretty desperate," Joyce mumbled as she rubbed her temples.

"Tee! Do you copy?" Mike asked again.

Tee finally reached for the supercomm, speaking into it, "G-go away. I'm busy!"

With that, she shut it off and sighed.

Finally piece and quiet for more than 10 seconds-

And the phone began to ring.

"That's gonna wake up hop," Joyce said as she went to check on hopper. Tee sighed and walked over to the phone.

"Tee! Don't hang up! It's Lucas!" Lucas Spoke, "I'm with mike and will. And it's urgent. Max and El are on their way! Just get here as soon as you can!"

"I can't," tee mumbled as she bit her nail.

"You don't have to talk to mike-"

"Not about mike," Tee smiled at Lucas' caring thoughts, "please don't t-tell El, I don't want her worrying-"

"What happened?" Lucas asked quietly, trying not to get Mike and Will's attention.

"I w-went to the lab last night," she began quietly, "a-and nothing was there, but this g-guy who beat Hopper up. So I-I'm dealing with that right now. S-so I can't come. If you n-need to reach me, get El to through frequencies." She explains.

"Okay," Lucas nodded with a sigh, "stay safe, tee. Okay?"

"I will," tee smiled, "stay safe too Lucas."

"I'll try my best." Lucas replied, "I'll see you later-"

"Wait, Lucas?" Tee quietly yelled, "can... can you make sure mike and El are k-kept safe for Me? I can't have t-them hurt."

"I can't promise it," Lucas started, "but I'll try my best."

"Thank you, Luc," tee smiled, "talk to you s-soon."

"Bye tee."