I. The Muse

"Breathtaking" a stranger mumbling under his breath drew his attention. He noticed the man nudging his elbow on his companion's side, motioning towards the lovely figure under the shade of an enourmous Evergreen tree.

He squinted his eyes to have a better grasp of who it was making his lips curl upward as recognition kicked in.

A perfect way to describe his foster sister, Mona Sentievva who seemed lost in thought at the moment.

Even in such state she has effortlessly drawn attention to herself from what little audience there was. The gent's casual stolen glances and the ladies envious eyes trailed her every move as she set the basket of white carnation down their mother's grave.

Her round face made her look years younger than 24 yet her steel gray orbs held wisdom way beyond her years. It held a certain draw to it that melts anyone who dares lock sight with her.

She opened her blood red lips as if attempting to say something yet pursed it shut, worry etched in her lovely features.

However, even her troubled state was not able to dampen her radiance. The way her pale complexion shone golden from the light of the setting sun looked majestic. Like that of a goddess that fell down the earth to walk with the lowly mortals.

Such beauty, could ensnare any fool who dared look her way, lethal yet delicate. Inviting all the same.

Even the way her raven locks danced in a graceful sway at the wind's mild caress was bewitching to behold.

The beige sundress accentuated her ample breasts and thin waist with the fabric clinging into her wide hips giving off a glimpse of her hourglass figure. It was of mid-thigh length showcasing her long creamy legs.

She has morphed into this beautiful woman his mother always envisioned her to be.

His mother, he grimaced, whose loss left a gaping hole in his heart. Even the fortune he inherited was unable to console his longing for her warmth. None but Mona, the only family left to him now.

"She's all I have." he consoled himself, slowly making his way toward his mother's grave with a basket of carnation in tow.

As if sensing another's presence Mona turned to his direction. A smile broke, showcasing her pearly whites with a slight blush tinting her cheekbones upon recognition of the approaching figure.

He stopped mere inches away from Mona, setting the basket down the opposite side of hers.

"Hugo!" she called his name in a fond manner, glee evident in her voice as she linked her arms to his, her head resting on his shoulder blades.

"Mona, it's been a while." Hugo responded stroking her hair.
Their 6 inch height difference cut short to four by her heels gave him a view of her velvelty long lashes that fluttered as she hum in contentment.

Hugo glanced at his mother's well-kept grave then back at her. She had shut her eyes closed in a solemn prayer as he followed suit. They stayed silent for awhile, both offering their respect and prayers to the deceased matriarch.

"You must be happy seeing us together." he thought knowing his mother's fondness of Mona.

"You never called! I thought your work pile has been eating you alive." she initiated small talk as they made their way to the parking lot. A chuckle escaped his lips at her childish remarks.