XX. Into

The following scenes depict explicit content not suitable for younger audiences.

Proceed with caution

====================================

Hugo's eyes pranced from one thing to another since the drive to Mona's location began.

Will she accept me?

Did she forget about me?

Did she marry?

Such questions popped on his head as the black matte Cadillac took a turn on a dark alley.

The transition from the dark to a searing brightness stung his eyes. This prompted him to squint his eyes in defense, blocking it but not before noticing how it highlighted the scar on Dominic's left cheek.

It was an inch away from his eyes all the way down his chin, its pattern a slight zigzag. An evidence of violence in their line of work which Dominic was able to hide until now.

"How did you get that scar." the man in question went rigid hearing Hugo's inquiry, clearly uncomfortable while his grip on the wheel tightened.

"It was a woman's doing, that's all I can share." there was finality in his voice cutting his attempt at conversation.

Dominic had been silent for the rest of the drive until they reached their destination only bidding him goodbye when he dropped Hugo in front of a modest shack not too deep in the woods.

His face was stony making Hugo wonder if he overstepped their bounderies as he watched the car disappear into the road.

You will be the next don of the Sicilian Mafia.

He recalled the condition laid out in exchange for his favor by Don Rafael, his father, the Don of the biggest mafia to ever operate.

"The things we do for love." he randomly recalled a line from Mona's favorite series as he sprinted towards the door, knocking once, twice but there was no response.

Steeling his resolve Hugo knocked as if his life depended on it when the door propped open revealing a shrivelled Mona, who seemed to have just awaken from her slumber.

Her eyes widened as recognition kick im. The blanket that covered her form fell to the floor, revealing a baby blue satin knee sized night gown underneath.

The longing he felt was vanquished when her eyes mirrored his when she draw him in for a kiss. He responded with burning passion long supressed by the absence of his beloved.

He felt her her arms laced around his neck, staggering back as Hugo moved forward. His hand rested on her nape pulling her closer to deepen the kiss while his other hand was occupied with locking the door.

Grasping for air, the couple separated with only inches apart from each other.

"I'm sorry---" said Mona who was interrupted once more by Hugo's hungry mouth.

"Ssshhh, I'm here now." he chanted in between kisses before stumbling across a hard surface falling straight into bed.

He landed on top of Mona, his arms barred on each of her sides to stop his weight from fully squishing her beneath.