XIV. No

Scrolling past her email, Mona can't help but be amazed by her amassed popularity.

Weeks have passed after Marie's documentary of Mona's case was broadcasted on national television, escalating her to internet stardom making her the top most searched topic in all social media platforms even in google engine.

However the bad comes with the good as she got mixed reactions. Majority are wishing for her well being as they greeted her on the streets, while others let her be.

Fear making them quiver from mere eye contact with crimson coating their cheeks.

She never thought popularity would help her life resume its normal cycle. She smiled at the thought, Shawn's plan was working well.

"Mona?" called Cecilia her elderly assistant as soon as she entered her office.

"Yes, Cecilia?" she responded as she pointed to the stool fronting her table to which her assistant gracefully declined.

"You have a meeting with Officer Dawson at 1." she promptly answered with a smile.

"Oh yes, thank you for reminding me." she automatically responded when she noticed the time on her wrist watch.

"Aren't you overworking? It been 6 minutes past 12 you're supposed to be on lunch break." she reminded the elderly woman.

"Dear, I could say the same to you. Go on eat your lunch don't push yourself too hard, work won't leave this office while you're out." the elderly woman joked as she placed a plastic container with Mona's favorite chocolate mousse cake inside.

The treat was a constant symbol of Ceci's gratitude for bringing her in when she had no one to turn to. This was a constant occurence despite Mona telling her many times that she didn't have to do it and that being able to help was good enough but Ceci doesnt take no for an answer while she didnt have the heart to refuse.

"Will do Ceci." Mona accepted the treat which made Ceci beam with joy.

"I'll go ahead dear." Ceci excused with the same expression on her face as she left her office.

She set aside her laptop and cleared an area on her working space before heading towards her personalized kitchen space where her microwave was located.

Hugo cooked her something for lunch like he used to when they were younger. When she asked why, he merely handed it to her saying it was to make up for him not spending this lunch with her due to the pile of work he left the past few days.

The gesture was much appreciated yet she can't help but miss having lunch with Shawn who grew distant after knowing her suspicions about him.

He gave her the cold shoulder when she apologized to him saying "I can tell you've been keeping me in the dark lately. No matter, I just need you to tell me what I need to function properly."

Further investigation revealed Natalia to be behind the fabricated intel which she tried to cover up by killing the man Mona hired to investigate but failed in doing so. The man went in hiding until he found the perfect opportunity to reveal it to her.

Tyler turns out to have died from leukemia and never had a girlfriend due to such sickness making Shawn's revenge motives invalid.

However, this discovery was a bit late as they kept important details that could've helped the case compromising not just her safety but also the lives of Shawn's coallegues.

Her doubt not only tainted their friendship but also took the lives of many. All the blood on her hands made her curse her existence.

She let out a shaky breath as she combed her hair into place thinking of ways to make it up to Shawn when the electronic beep of the microwave brought her back to present.