IV. Sights On Her

"Xavier don't!" yelled Shawn to the person standing at the edge of Brooklyn bridge. The commotion drawing a flock of audience around them.

An exasperated sigh escaped his lips as he pinched his nose. This night just doesn't seem to go the way he planned.

He had fetched Mona from her workplace for the fun packed cookout event that he had personally organized that evening in Castiglione Manor when he saw Xavier f*cking Cross hanging off a bridge!

For the love of all that's gay and fabulous! He had planned that to let off steam from all this suspense drama sh*t and now this?

There he stood, the promising junior of his. The rising officer in the ranks having this look of surrender in his soft earthy orbs as he fixed his sights towards the horizon.

Great! another life gone to waste.
Shawn thought to himself.

"Let him." a calm voice from his back suggested, earning the gasps and murmurs of the on-lookers towards her.

Great now this girl could never unwine.
He mentally cussed once more.

Dressed in a white long sleeved H&M blouse paired with a knee length pencil skirt Mona was oblivious that even in her modest appearance she has garnered a crowd all to herself.

Her eyes was glued to the back of the man at the edge of the bridge who then turned to see where the encouragement came from.

He scoffed before answering "Reverse psychology. Good try but it aint working Mona." his eyes trailed off towards the bright light of the city casting an illuminating glow to the waters below before heaving a sigh.

"Beatrice is waiting for me." curling his lips in an attempt to smile he slowly tried to detach from the rails keeping him in the land of the living.

Beatrice, the name rings a bell, she was his fiancee of 3 years and his partner in their unit who died in an encounter for catching the bullet meant to take his life.

A day before their wedding too.

No wonder the guy went mental. It was such a tragic end to what was supposed to be a happy chapter in his life.

"Did you think Beatrice fought that hard to have you at the edge of this bridge right now?!" Mona's voice boomed, the loudest he has heard followed by a howl of anguish from Xavier, his lean figure shaking. His grip on the raillings got tighter causing his knuckles to turn white.

"It was me it was supposed to be me!!!!" he exclaimed his deep voice cracking as he choked on the many emotions he has held in till now.

Anguish, anger, guilt to name the few.

Seeing his change in behavior Shawn strode his way to him to end his attempt in ending his life but was beaten by Mona as she wrapped her arms around the man.

"Then live for her. Avenge her. Don't waste the life she has sacrificed for you." she whispered, her voice shaky from stopping the tears to fall.

He was saved from his suicide attempt by none other than Mona. Another one who needs saving.

"Bait"

The word registered in his mind as he saw fellow cops took custody of him. Maybe Hugo's plan just might work. He thought to himself as he led Mona back to the car to head their way home.

====================================

Mona buckled her seat belts sparing side glances on Tyler. His face was a mask of unreadable expression as he kept his eye on the road.