Chapter 8: Suga, Spice, and Everything Nice

It had turned out to be a lot longer than fourteen hours that Yoongi had to wait to get his chance to properly sit down and browse the pink blog. When the flight landed in Seoul, they had been rushed back to the dorm and then the rest of the day had been a blur. The group had gone right into promoting schedules and then he was pushed to get ready for making his way to South America for the next stretch of the tour. By the time he had gotten home, he was so exhausted that the moment he laid his head down on his pillow, he was out cold.

When he woke up the next day, he laid in bed for some time while his eyes focused on the sky outside the window across the room. It stretched out into endless blue, like a bright cerulean ocean going as far as his eyes could possibly see. He wondered if the person who made the pink blog was looking up at the sky right now and what colour it would be for them.

Yoongi sat up and let out a tired yawn, stretching his arms upwards while hearing a soft pop somewhere between his shoulder blades. After another three minutes of just sitting there and adjusting to the morning, he got out of bed and sleepily walked to his desk. He quickly flicked his eyes to Jin's side of the room, noticing his bed was empty and made, before he turned back to his workspace. He was about to reach for his phone when his laptop grabbed his attention instead.

He hadn't used Tumblr on a computer since he had used Jungkook's laptop and he remembered the blog being a lot easier to read on the computer than the ones he had viewed on his phone up until this point. He turned his attention away from his phone and opened the device instead, booting it up for the first time in what felt like weeks. He grabbed his over-ear headphones and slid them on, plugging the jack into the computer and relaxing in his chair; he figured he could at least listen to some music while he looked at the pink blog.

When he logged onto his profile, Yoongi's eyes went for the clock first. He made a mental note that it was half-past eleven and Jin would kill him if he didn't eat anything for lunch seeing as he had completely slept through breakfast. He flicked his gaze to the door, knowing the kitchen was less than thirty steps away but he couldn't will himself to get up and go get food. He had waited for what felt like a year condensed into forty-eight hours to see this blog, surely food could wait a little longer.

Having made his decision, Yoongi looked back at the computer and opened the internet browser, skimming his fingers across the keys as he typed the correct letters to get him to their Tumblr blog. The first thing he saw was the sidebar made up of a collage of his selfies and other pictures of him. The next thing he noticed was the song that had begun to play in his ears. He wasn't sure why he didn't notice it before when he had borrowed Jungkook's laptop and came to the conclusion that the Maknae must have hit the pause button. He looked at the name of the song and bit his lip, taking a second to read the English words.

Sweater Weather by the Neighbourhood

He let the track play, curious about their music interests and why a blog dedicated to, well him, had a song from another band playing. He continued to look around in search of clues about their identity while also hoping that his curiosity would disappear in the process. Dragging the cursor around the page, he discovered when he hovered over the sidebar, the collage faded into the background and text appeared in its place. Yoongi squinted, his eyes trying to dissect the meaning of the words written in a brutally small font.

Alex/22/Student. I like Min Yoongi. Yes, I made the shitty collage myself. #graphicdesignismypassion

He understood exactly what their description meant but was also at a complete loss for the intended humour that he was pretty sure was supposed to be there. However, what he did discern, without the need of Google Translate to aid him, was that their name was Alex, they were the same age as him and they went to school. He let his eyes linger on their name for a while before they dropped lower to see Suga, Spice & Everything Nice written in bold lettering accompanied by a smaller Always Tiredunderneath of it.