Chapter 24: A Stupidly Shy Duck

It was an awkward time of the day that Yoongi knew wouldn't do much good for talking to Alex. She was bound to be in the middle of sleeping seeing as it was around four-thirty in the morning for her and, unless depression was keeping her awake, she was usually asleep by this time. He also knew that most likely wasn't the case because Alex had gotten into the habit of messaging him whenever she had a really bad day. Oddly enough, they both tended to have their down days around the same time but hadn't ever really given it much thought as to why. There really wasn't too much to concentrate on there other than the fact that it was a coincidence.

So, he decided to send her more questions while he waited for the food to be brought to the table that he was sitting at with the six other members of BTS. They were in for an early dinner that night due to scheduling, but he never minded eating a little earlier. Food was food and he tended to enjoy it no matter the time it was put in front of him.

As he read through the list of questions, he realised there was only four more that he wanted to ask. Something about that made him sad. It was like his little cheat sheet was disappearing and he liked being able to pick out things to ask her. It just left him feeling a little dissatisfied but then he remembered that in a way, he was making his own questions sheet for her and they would get to discuss everything on it. When he made that realisation, the prospect of ending this list wasn't so bad.

When he caught sight of the first question of which he wanted to send, What are five ways to win your heart?, he knew without a doubt he had to send that one. For scientific purposes. The next two were pretty much filler questions, things he was mildly curious about, but it was really the very last question from the list that made Yoongi hold his breath.

85. Would you ever date someone off the internet?

Before he had given it much more thought, he had typed all the numbers into her ask box and sent them off, but his mind was stuck on the last question, so stuck he just kept staring at it, reading it over and over again. He had to know the answer. He had to know if she would consider dating someone she had never met in person. He had to know if she would ever even think of dating August.

Now that Yoongi thought about it, she hadn't ever even seen a picture of him. She had no idea what he looked like. She didn't even have a single clue as to what he sounded like. But he still got the feeling that maybe Alex might like him as much as he liked her. She didn't use to send him little hearts with her messages. A little voice in the back of his head told him it was wishful thinking, but he tried his best to ignore it.

"Ah, Hyung, we're at dinner," Jimin announced next to him after staring at the perplexed expression on Yoongi's face for a good couple of minutes. He made grabby hands at Yoongi's phone while he giggled, spurred by Taehyung, but Yoongi could tell by the way he did it that Jimin had no real intention of trying to take it. "Our new album is going to launch soon! I am sure she will understand if you are busy for a couple of hours."

Yoongi looked towards Jimin and knew he was right. At some point, the server had come to put their food on the table and he hadn't even noticed. He should be more present, especially since Alex wasn't even awake right now but he couldn't help but want to talk to her when he was having his downtime. It was pretty much ingrained at this point.

"You're right," he responded with a light sigh as he set his phone face-down on the table.

"You're like a puppy," Hoseok said with a slight laugh as he ate a piece off of his chopsticks. "It's really cute. Is she cute? I bet she's cute."

Jin gave Yoongi a smile, being kinder than the other members who were teasing and harassing Yoongi. "I think it's nice that he found someone. It's cute the way he stays up all night to talk to her."