Chapter 15: The Cheat Sheet

It had been one week since Yoongi had last spoken to Alex. He had brought up their conversation on the screen of his phone so many times, but there hadn't been a single occasion he hadn't simply exited the Tumblr app before he let himself do anything stupid. Truthfully, he was a little spooked. The day he was feeling like shit, she was too and then after their talk, he magically felt better. Logically, it shouldn't mean much of anything; a friend had helped him out of a bad mood and, in return, he had done the same. However, Alex wasn't a friend. Alex was practically a stranger still. A stranger he knew some personal stuff about.

When he thought about it, he wanted to talk to her. Yoongi wanted to hear about her day and practice his English. He wanted to know if she felt any better this week...but wanting all of that disturbed him because he knew he shouldn't. He honestly just wanted to shrug, say he couldn't help it and continue to interact with her.

So it was exactly what he did.

By the time he had worked up enough courage to check out her blog again, he was taking a break during the filming of a variety show. Bighit usually didn't like the members of BTS to be on their phones during these short breaks, for fear of distractions, but the members did it anyways, including Yoongi. He found his own little corner of the room, sitting in a plain hard plastic black chair that had a bumpy texture across the seat. The other members were split between two couches, two of them sleeping and the rest having a conversation about food. He was very far away from all that, so thoroughly distracted by his phone that their voices were like the buzz of a nearby mosquito.

Alex's blog had been decently active, but the most recent post grabbed his attention immediately. He wanted to know more about her and it was like she had set up a cheat sheet for him. There was a post that listed eighty-five questions that anons could send to her and she would answer. Eighty-five. He was sure this numbered sheet was the way to find out more about her and he bit his lip to hold back a smile.

Yoongi immediately dove into translating the first five questions, wanting to find out if they were something that he would be interested in knowing about her. Afterward, he checked the time and knew for certain that Alex should be sleeping right now. It was noon, which made it late at night for her...at least he thought so. He screwed up his face as he tried to count the hours in his head before he rolled his eyes and decided it didn't matter, opening their conversation.

[Sent at 12:33 PM]: hi. i see the question you post. i send you some

Yoongi was just about to go back to looking at her blog when he heard the little popping sound and saw that she sent a message. He immediately smiled without thought, feeling a little warmer just knowing she was there on the other side. He carefully picked out the words he did know, trying to grasp the meaning before he used the help of a translator.

[Received at 12:33 PM]: Hey August! How are you? ^^

[Received at 12:33 PM]: Please do. I've had no one send any and it always makes me feel a bit foolish when nobody does. :/

Yoongi bit the tip of his tongue as he thought for a moment. After a few seconds, an idea came to him and he quickly began swiping his thumbs across his phone screen, typing out his next message. He was utterly positive that if any of the other guys looked his way, he'd probably look like some school girl who was texting her crush...except this was nothing like that. This was just curiosity and talking to someone interesting all mixed together in an innocent 'not a crush' sort of way.

[Sent at 12:35 PM]: i send you new question every day. it fun.

[Sent at 12:36 PM]: i good. work a lot. not have a lot of time...