Chapter 9

Lilith was currently waiting in her old office, for Grayfia and Venelana Gremory to arrive. She was pissed off hearing what a devil's behaviour had caused. One of the few people that she still held dear was hurt and only a day after he had met her after so long. In her mind, she had wanted to see the Fallen Angel punished too, but she was sure Azazel would have taken care of it. As there was a knock on the door he sipped her tea and said,"Bell, who is it?" Arabella replied from the other side,"Miss Grayfia and Mrs. Gremory have arrived, My Lady." Lilith straightened up and said,"Bring them in." As the door opened Bell entered followed by Venelana and Grayfia. Bell bowed and stood to the side. Grayfia bowed with Venelana and said,"I have returned on your command and brought Lady Gremory with me, My Lady" Lilith said slipping in her cold tone,"Very well. As you have returned, you will act as a Lucifuge, first; the wife of a Maou, second. Am I understood?" Grayfia said a bit hesitantly,"As you say, My Lady." As Lilith gave a nod, Bell said,"You may raise you heads, Miss Lucifuge, Mrs. Gremory." Grayfia lifted her head and stepped back. Venelana stayed in the bow and said once she knew Lilith's eyes were on her,"I deeply apologize for the shame my daughter has brought upon the name of Lucifer and the Devil kind, Lady Lilith." Lilith looked at her as if trying to figure her out, but once she was sure he said,"You're in no position to apologize, Venelana, for nothing wrong was done by you. I'll only except such a apology when your child apologizes to me. And only if it wasn't forced by her parents." Venelana stiffened but nodded. As she took a step back, Lilith continued sharply,"The reason you were called was not because I wanted you to apologize but to convince you to not kill your own child in rage." As Grayfia stiffly turned to look at Venelana, she noticed her clenched fists and gritting teeth. Venelana replied sharply,"You would know, wouldn't you?" As Lilith looked at her rebuttal the temperature of the room dropped considerably and she replied,"Wouldn't it? After all I'm picking the burden of my child's doing for so long. If only my own child could have turned out like my adopted child." As she ended Venelana looked down,"I apologize for my behaviour, My Lady." Lilith waved her off,"I'd like you to stay here, till Rias is in the Underworld." Venelana looked at her then nodded,"As you say, My Lady." Lilith motioned her to a seat where she sat with a bit of hesitation, then Lilith looked at a nervous Grayfia,"Now child, I suggest you start your report." Grayfia nodded,"May I use the projector, My Lady?" Lilith motioned Bell to close the curtains and bring the projector, which she did as fast as she could, once it was done, Lilith called Bell over and told her to go to her room to take her morning medications, for which she nodded after giving a small smile. Lilith returned it and then turned to a fidgeting Grayfia,"You may start." Grayfia opened the missing reports and started,"Sona and Rias were called back to the Underworld due to Rias informing me that there's was a Cherubim in the school. When I arrived I found a person added to her peerage, assuming that the boy was a recent addition and was to be added in the next report, I waited for the unknown Cherub. When he arrived I asked what the church had wanted, to which he clearly denied affiliation with and identified himself at the last Popes killer and the Unfell Angel, Rahab. When asked his intentions, he replied that he had wanted to see the devils up close to find a viewpoint on them, and since according to him Kuoh was a 'unprotected' devil territory, he had chosen to come there. When asked to clarify he stated, that the recently added boy was converted to a devil well over a week ago and the presence of a Class A rouge exorcist and Fallen angels. When I thanked him for the information, he unknowingly also told about how the Rias's peerage had stormed a church to save a Ex-Holy Maiden I returned soon after and informed the Maous, when Lord Ajuka pointed out that the Unfell angel was previously an Angel of Death and could have rendered the Evil Pieces useless if he wanted. After that as their was a constraint of time involved the Maous agreed on letting him meet you, as he had been requesting for a few years while being rejected by the council."

Lilith looked at her with slight anger evident and said,"Inform the council, that if they plan on playing with the lives of the other devils I will play with theirs." Grayfia nodded frantically at not be at her Lady's wrath. Lilith nodded,"Continue." Grayfia took a breath and continued,"The same day as the visit was scheduled, Rias and Sona were recalled to be interrogated by Lord Asmodeus who was in a bad mood due to finding discrepancies in the reports. Sona was called first as 5 of her 15 reports were missing. When asked about this, she seemed surprised and Lord Asmodeus asked for any copies as Serafall usually make them for safekeeping. His hunch turned to be true as the photos of the reports were saved and presented." Lilith stopped her and read through the five reports. And said a bit lightly,"Continue." Grayfia nodded and told her of the events that followed. By the end, Lilith was seething in anger at the danger Rias had caused for them all. Then asked remembering what Serafall said,"What of Sona's flare in power?" Grayfia looked down,"Sona's power flared due to her pride and trust being trampled upon by Rias. Serafall said that Sona will have to learn to control her new power to some extent that is like her own before she'll be able continue her duties in Kuoh if the cou...if 'you' see fit." Lilith nodded ignoring her slip of tongue, then looked at Venelana who had her face in her hands in shame and was crying lightly. Lilith said getting up and pouring them all a cup of tea with a slight magic,"And why were these reports with you?" Grayfia stiffened then said,"I intercepted Sirzechs package of them and found it unwise to provide him with it as his love for his sister would have caused problems." Venelana look at Grayfia then gave a appreciative nod, while Grayfia earned a sinister smile from Lilith that froze her,"Very good child, atleast you haven't let go of your Lucifuge instincts." Grayfia just nodded not sure if she should feel insulted or happy. When their was another knock, she said,"Come in, Bell." When Bell entered, she said while rolling along a trolley,"My Lady, the time." Lilith sighed and said,"If you say so, Bell. Grayfia you may leave to do your duties, aside from my orders, I need a written report every week." Grayfia bowed,"As you wish, My Lady." Lilith then turned to Bell,"You brought food for Venelana?" Bell shook her head,"A attendant is bringing it. Yours is something you'll eat." Lilith sighed and nodded. Venelana gathered enough courage and asked,"Are you alright, My Lady?" Lilith looked at her then replied giving a glance at a smiling Bell,"The person I consider a son was unhappy with me not eating for days on end, so when he fed me, Bell saw that as a signal to start fattening me up." Venelana smiled a bit on hearing this, probably finding such a little things that seemed to ground Lilith to a level same as her.

Rahab was just discharged from the hospital and was making his way to his room a level lower, he was thinking about what he had been told by Metatron. He didn't have the will to tell him that he was scared of the abyss but more scared of the Avenging form he had been shown. He walked to his room creating a small Abyssal ball of energy in his hand. When he reached his room, he teleported to his Abyss where he had stored Samael's bracelets. He willed himself inside finding his brother lying quietly listening to the birds chirping in the background. When he noticed Rahab, he raised his head,"What's wrong? Why are you hurt?" Rahab stayed quiet for a second but said meekly,"Baraqiel was angry because her daughter was put under a spell." Samael look in in for a second then said with anger laced in his voice,"Where is he now? Did Michael end his pathe..."Rahab cut him off,"It wasn't his fault. He was in his rage form, he had little control." Samael looked at him,"Where was your avenging form?" Rahab lowered his head,"I am afraid of it." Samael looked at him and said simply,"Fight me. You will feel pain but you'll not suffer in reality." Rahab shook his head and was about to say something as he narrowly dodged a light spear. His wings covered his sides as a few dozen light spears formed a wall around him. Samael looked at him and moved so fast as if he disappeared; he was a Cherub once, he remembered his training. As he threw a volley of light spears, Rahab dodged with little difficulty. Samael made a light spear and let some of his poisonous blood mix in it and threw it at Rahab. As the spear impacted the wall of interlocking spears, it broke through them then went inside Rahab's gut as it broke through the Abyss shield too. As Rahab screamed in agony, Samael looked sorry but said,"Feel the Agony, Brother. Burn this unholy pain in your mind, because whatever comes, nothing will be as bad as it, you would have disintegrated by now in reality. Make use of your domain, embrace it. Like I have embraced such a poison in me." As Rahab screamed for a minute more, a Abyssal rift opened beneath him, its shadowy tentacles pulling the spear through and then started covering Rahab in a Abyssal shroud. As Rahab's screaming subsided, he instinctively pulled out a glowing red-black sword out of the rift and aimed it at Samael who smirked,"So this is your power, Rahab. Let the fight start." After a hour of clashing swords, Samael got a hit again, leading the armour to dispell and Rahab to drop to his knees,"See that wasn't to hard was it." Rahab looked at Samael with a small amount of respect and nodded,"Thank you brother...I.." Samael waved him off,"Now leave me in peace, I'm enjoying the life in this place." Rahab chuckled a bit and found himself in the abyss again, he teleported back to his room to find a panicked Gabriel, who on seeing him hugged him,"Where did you go, brother? You're still injured." Rahab sat down and said,"To right a wrong, sister. Don't worry, I'm fine." Gabriel looked at him in concern,"What is the pain in your thoughts?" Rahab cursed himself for being foolish in front of his sister the said hesitantly, not knowing whether telling her the truth would be best,"I went into my Abyss, sister. It will be for the best if I'm not afraid of it." Gabriel sadly nodded knowing he wasn't telling her everything,"As soon as you feel ready, tell me. For now, there is a message from the devils. Raphael sent me to call you, he felt you should attend..." Rahab looked hesitant but nodded,"Very well. Let me wear my robes, I'll meet you outside." After a minute Rahab exited his chambers to find Gabriel waiting. As they moved to the Elevator, Rahab said,"You shouldn't make it a habit of coming to the second heaven. It is below you, dear sister" Gabriel looked at him and said clearly unhappy with his comment,"It is below you too. But you insist on living here." Rahab replied as he pressed the button,"I sinned once, Gabriel, I deserve this." Gabriel gave him a disapproving glare as they entered and said,"Father forgave you. You should atleast return to the your old home." Rahab gave her a tired glance,"I can't, it was a place for the Watchers, sister." Gabriel looked at him sadly, and said,"Father made the Watchers like what a human was capable of. You weren't made for the concept of perfectness as our late brother called it. A few mistakes don't count." Rahab looked at her sadly and cupped her cheek,"Never say that again, sister. Heaven won't be heaven if you start saying such stuff, dear sister" Gabriel looked down,"I'm sorry, Brother. I didn't mean to.." Rahab patted her head,"Don't apologize, sister." As they arrived Gabriel led him to the conference room where they knocked and entered. Rahab found that Raphael, Uriel and Michael were already sitting. Michael seemed worried and said as soon as he saw Rahab,"Are you alright, brother?" Rahab smiled weakly,"I will be, Brother. I'll need some time to get myself straight." Michael nodded sighing in relief.