Chapter 23

As Sairaorg and Raiser were transported to the arena both were a bit stunned that Lilith's Queen was able to make such a detailed arena in such a small time, without any preparation. The arena itself was was in the same setting as a stalemate (See Bartolish-Atkin, St. Petersburg 1902) and they were both put in A8 and H1 positions. The floor glistened like a clear glass floating in the purple abyss that was the sky. Sairaorg and Raiser rose up with their wings, the normal devil wings for Sairaorg and the flame wings of Phenex for Raiser to check the field. They found each other and were about to rush forward in the air as the top of the chess pieces started firing spells making them drop to the ground again and a Bell's voice sounded,"Altitude restrictions imposed. Please stay below the height of the knight." Raiser immediately rose up to what was the maximum height as Sairaorg increased the power to his legs and rushed forward tearing through the tiles making them distort for only a second as he avoided the Black Queen and released a shockwave at Raiser who was caught off guard by his speed. Raiser rushed up the H line just avoiding the strike that pulverised the entire block he was just standing on. Raiser looked at the Bael in contempt just as he realised that he didn't have the Power of Destruction and smirked and said tauntingly,"So kid, how will you defeat me when you can't even use the Power of Destruction, huh?" Sairaorg just shook his head with a smirk as he thrust his hand towards Raiser displacing the air. Raiser only did notice the onset of his defeat as his wings flared then suddenly gave out as he fell to the ground.

Lilith said to Rahab in a whisper,"Told you that it would be great." Rahab just shook his head,"The shear absurdity of your plan surprises me as before." Lilith giggled,"Both have a certain unique advantage going in the fight. The one who capitalises on it first will win." Rahab just shook his head with a smile,"True." In the Rating Game Arena, Raiser had only got up before he received a punch from Sairaorg. As he stumbled, the punches continued breaking the free flowing body of the Phenex as it started forming holes at the points of impact. The proud Bael stopped after he had sent Raiser crashing into a rook making it crumble on top of the wounded Phenex. The audience of the match was watching in a careful scrutiny as the Bael trampled on the Phenex, nobody was sure that the Rookie would be able to take on one of the constant winners. And considering that Raiser usually used his peerage to weaken the opposition to win a easy fight, that was also becoming more apparent as Sairaorg used his high powered punches to remove the air, denying the searing flames room to spread in the arena to cause damage. Azazel whistled and remarked,"He's getting it done with a fair tactic, the question is if he can put him down regardless of the high regeneration of the Phenex clan." Ajuka nodded,"True he's keeping him at bay just fine. But he will have to completely destroy his body or give him enough pain feedback to shut him down." As Raiser extracted himself from the crumbled rook, he flew up fast as he avoided the oncoming air displacements that could have brought him down and returned a huge blast of fire as he found Sairaorg's blind spot. Everyone expected Sairaorg to retire after the fire-wave attack but no ping ever came. As the flames died, everyone was a bit stupified at the visible aura around the Bael and only a few were able to identify what it was. Azazel whistled in appreciation,"Damn... I never expected a devil to be able to train their body to the limit to be able to attain Touki. The Phenex kid should retire, his flames won't be able to get past that."

Anastasia asked timidly,"What is this Touki?" Azazel scratched his goatee as he replied seeing Sairaorg countering the Phenex's attacks,"Let's see, Touki is a aura of the life force that is seen in Senjutsu users. Or it can be obtained when someone trains the body to the limit. When someone achieves Touki they can counter magic attacks by punching or otherwise striking them. Sairaorg has reached that level that it is visible when he controls his life force." Anastasia hummed as she saw Sairaorg cutting a flame blast in half with a chop, which hit Raiser down by the shockwave. As it happened Arabella's voice announced,"Time Limit for the interference-less round of the fight is over. The chess pieces will now be activated for 30 seconds prior to a 30 second break." The fight was brought to a complete halt as the two fighters moved to dodge only for Raiser to get hit with three consecutive strikes with him disintegrating into pixelation. Arabella's voice announced the end as a triple ping was heard,"The Winner of the Match between Raiser Phenex and Sairaorg Bael is Sairaorg Bael of the House of Bael." As Sairaorg also exited the Arena in pixelation, both of them appeared in front of Lilith as Raiser was supported by his Queen and Magdaran stood by Sairaorg as he appeared.