Chapter 13

Alisha nodded slightly but spoke,"Why not tell people of the truth of the sacred gear though. Why hide such a thing?" Rahab sighed a bit,"...Father always used to say Humanity is young. Its flourishing but is in a young stage. You see I was disconnected from the world after I was sent to the brine abyss. But I heard whispers in my abyss, and sometimes the Daughter of Da'at visited me. I heard what the information that was spread during the fall caused. The humans made the earth's energy volatile with destruction and wars. Its not like the Seraphs want to hide it. Everyone in heaven is afraid of what the humans will do. We are herders not the controllers of humanity, Alisha." Alisha nodded in thought. Rahab took some juice out of the fridge and put it in front of her and continued after a minute,"Have you figured out whose advice I value?" As Alisha shook her head as she took a sip, her face laced in confusion; Metatron spoke from the door,"Lilith; child, He values her advice the most." Alisha's face contorted in shock as she looked between the two of them. Rahab gave a hollow chuckle at her expression and bowed his head,"Meta, brother. What brings you here?" Metatron looked at him stoically then answered,"Your health and Asia Argento." Rahab nodded in thought,"You agree with what I saw?" Metatron nodded,"Undoubtedly. Her faith dwarfs even some of the 'principalities' from what I've seen. I've arranged a meeting for you with Amaterasu and Yasaka, day after tomorrow, for you and Asia to be the be considered the resident angel overseers along with the whoever will be the devil overseer be. Amaterasu said that with the number of people dying, she was about to send someone there anyway." Rahab nodded in agreement,"And tomorrow I'm meeting Ajuka-san with Raphael." Metatron looked at Alisha who was listening,"You think it wise to involve her." Rahab nodded,"She doesn't understand faith like you do Metatron, but there's potential." Metatron said in a slight snide fashion,"Like in Asia, even though your worried the most about her. Rahab some things are forbidden, its best to steer her away." Rahab stood abruptly glaring at Metatron, before he started pacing about,"You think I'm unaware!" Rahab took a deep breath and continued softly,"Sorry, brother....If you wish to talk about it to her, do it in the chamber, when you bring her into the fold, because I'd rather talk to her than forbid it." He looked straight in Metatron's eyes and said with voice filled with sarcasm,"The last time went well, didn't it? My brother still pays the price for it." Metatron sighed slightly at his remarks,"The 'poison' did what he did, we can't change it." Rahab sat down holding his head in his hands,"It used to be 'severity of god', Metatron." Alisha instantly became aware of what they were talking about and wondered what she was doing in the middle of such a heavy conversation. Metatron sighed and patted Rahab's shoulder,"I'll talk to her myself. I pray, if only for you, our thoughts are proven to be true." Rahab nodded resigned. Metatron nodded,"Rahab. For what it's worth I'm sorry. Try not to go to the...brine abyss anymore." Rahab nodded slightly and said,"I'll see you tomorrow in front of the council." Metatron nodded then looked at Alisha,"Child, stay strong. You may feel that you have been taken as his companion on a whim, but Gabriel seems sure and so does Rahab. I pray that you don't fall in the future."

As Metatron left silence descended in the room. Rahab got up and said after pacing around for a few minutes,"Alisha, I'm sorry you had to see that. My mind is full of worry. If its not the prayers that my mind is sorting, its the worry about Asia and Ayato." Alisha nodded slightly, understanding that the mental strain due to the prayer system would have been ever present now. Alisha spoke meekly,"Sir, you said we're herders. Isn't it just the worry of you herding them after a long time?" Rahab froze for a few second then gave a hearty chuckle,"Good, Alisha. You're learning already." Rahab sat down and asked,"Alisha, what are your goals? We angels have long lives. We should have a goal to keep us on track." Alisha thought for a bit as Rahab checked the drawers for some biscuits. Once she made up her mind she said,"I wanted to join the Choirs of Principalities at one point. I wish I could join there someday." Rahab gave a small nod,"A good goal. Now what do you hate?" Alisha looked unsure at what to say but tried,"Not being able to help people. Feeling their helplessness when I can't." Rahab nodded slightly understanding he needed to tread lightly and gave a small smile,"You're making me feel bad Alisha" as she looked at him he continued with a hollow chuckle,"I absolutely despise Adam. I always have, probably always will. You know the worst thing, Father knew. He knew that I would throw Adam out of Heaven if I could get away with it. Your reason of hatred makes me feel so bad." Alisha looked at him to see if he actually meant it then her reaction went to his wings, still the startling gold and silver. That only left the reason being righteous fury. Alisha asked hesitantly,"Why? Hate for such a naive being?" Rahab studied her for a bit then spoke,"Adam was different. For everyone. Azazel liked Eve the most, she was cheerful and bubbly. Azrael liked Adam but was wary of him, he wore masks for everyone he met, a hundred angels will ask him the same question and they will get 100 answers. Severity and Me liked Lady Lilith, she was open, accepted our words, gave us advice, sometimes fed us. I never exactly got why she always insist on feeding us. Back to the topic; me and Adam had a altercation soon after Eve's creation, I was furious and frustrated, and told him to his face that he was the worst, and that Lady Lilith did the right thing by opposing him. You can already guess how that turned out when it turned out Adam had prayed for God to come in between our battle of words." Alisha nodded slightly, reaching to a quick conclusion that he would have been punished.