Chapter 17

Rias was not having a good week. Her make-shift plan to get out of the marriage was in shambles. She was on the blacklist of the higher ups and her Mother had just informed her through Grayfia that she only had a week before a Rating Game which would decide her marriage. As she sat on her chair in the Occult Research Clubroom, she noticed that Akeno had become quieter towards her, Koneko had been shooting her wary glances and even Issei had been quieter. The Student Council, Sona's peerage had become almost hostile towards her. The only good thing was that Kiba appeared more relaxed and content. She had already been informed of the change in the pieces and as much as she wanted her brother to help them, her brother was giving her a cold shoulder while Grayfia was actively avoiding her. She hadn't felt this isolated before and it was hurting her.

As she was going to ask something from Akeno, Issei got up from his seat, putting his manga down,"Buchou, I have something to inform you." As the members looked at him, she nodded,"What is it?" Issei sighed and said,"I told my parents the truth about all of this." Rias, Akeno and Kiba stiffened while Koneko stopped eating for a few seconds. Issei ran his hand through his hair and said,"I guess there's no easy way to say this. But I'm a devil." Rias looked a bit confused and said,"So? I guess we established that." Issei shook his head taking a deep breath,"I mean I was a half-blood. As my Dad called it. My dad is a devil. He had placed a seal on me, he said." As the news sank in, Rias understood what he said and gulped,"What family name did he say?" Issei rubbed his head a bit,"He said it was Botis. I don't know about it actually. I was going to the library to search after school I guess." Akeno gulped a bit,"Rias, he's from one of the 72 Pillars of the Underworld, a extinct one." Rias nodded putting her head in her hands,"Did he tell you why he sealed of your powers?" Issei shook his head,"Just that he was going to unseal it when I turned 18. That's after I entered college. It was diverting my latent powers into uncontrollable lust and envy." Rias nodded slightly,"His reaction?" Issei sighed a bit,"He went through a teleportation circle. After telling me some things. He said he wanted to train me for a couple of days." Rias nodded and sighed,"Can you ask him to train you for the week. We have a Rating game in 7 days. Friday Night." Issei gave a broken nod,"I'll try to talk with him tonight...For what its worth, I'll stay as your Pawn." Rias gave a small smile that didn't reach her eyes. Just as he was about to leave, the magic circle flared up and revealed Sairaorg from the black smoke which disappeared after a bit. Rias asked surprised,"Sairaorg, why are you here?" Sairaorg gave her a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes,"Ah Rias, I came to meet you. To wish to best of luck for the Rating Game. I thought you'd be training." Rias replied sighing resigned as Akeno moved to make some tea for the guest,"Its a slow thing. Ah I believe you already know everyone except my pawn." Issei bowed awkwardly,"A pleasure, Sairaorg-sama. I'm Issei Hyoudou, Botis now I guess. I'm Rias-Buchou's Pawn of 8." Sairaorg raised his eyebrow,"Botis?" Issei sighed,"My father sealed my powers earlier. I'm a half-blood. Was made aware of my family nature just yesterday." Sairaorg nodded slightly,"I see." Rias asked a bit curiously,"So what's the occasion?" Sairaorg looked at her and said,"I went to see Lady Lilith." All her curiously died down and only guilt and self loathing remained. Sairaorg continued after seeing her reaction,"I'll be fighting the Victor of the Rating Game one-on-one. I asked if Lady Lilith would want to sponsor Magdaran." Rias gave a slow nod,"I see." Sairaorg nodded,"Yes. But also Magdaran will be back as Great King. I'll his Reagent when he ascends to his title." Rias nodded slowly,"But you defeated him?" Sairaorg nodded taking a sip of the tea that Akeno put in front of him,"Yes, though I can't fully have the title ever. The Power of Destruction is necessary. Lady Lilith's idea is a compromise I'm willing to make. Zekram-jiji allowed it easily. And also as much as I'd hate to see you marry that prick. It's for the best that you do. Sirzechs Lucifer is not there to help you this time." Rias wanted to retort, she really did but she sighed painfully,"I'm aware. But if there's a chance I can get away, I'm taking it anyways." Sairaorg nodded,"Well for your sake. I hope you win. Because I won't go easy on you." Rias gave a small nod and asked after her thinking for a bit,"Any news on Sona?" Sairaorg who was getting up stopped a bit before getting up,"Sona's power evolved, much like Lady Leviathan. My advice stay away from her for some time, because the last I heard Lady Leviathan was having a one-sided argument with Lord Lucifer." Rias put her head in her hands,"I see. Thank you." Sairaorg gave a stiff nod, then turned to Issei who was standing by the wall,"Botis, right? I guess your Father will contact Zekram-jiji soon. We'll meet again." Issei nodded,"Till next time then." As Sairaorg left via a magic circle, Issei turned to Kiba and asked,"Hey, have you seen Asia lately?" Akeno froze instantly while Kiba shook his head,"She hasn't come to school in a few days." Akeno voiced her thoughts,"Issei, Asia was taken to Heaven by Raphael, the Seraph. He said she was needed in the Heaven's hospital." Issei rubbed the back of his head,"I forgot she has her work too. I guess I'll say sorry when we meet later. Anyway see you all later I guess.." Rias and Akeno nodded while Kiba gave a small wave. Issei left after a small nod. Akeno voiced her thoughts,"Well lets hope you don't face the brunt of this Rias. I'm going back home, I'll see you tomorrow when we leave for training." As she disappeared in her magic circle Kiba went back to his manga while Koneko back went to her sweets.