Chapter 6: Invitation

'This is not an invitation fuck you mean you need it fuck you mean you RSVPed, I don't need a reason' 

Lilianna awoke in her bed.

At first, she was confused. She rolled around in the soft covers trying to remember the point in the evening when she had dragged herself up the stairs. Her glasses were askew on her face which she found strange, no matter how tired she was she would have known to leave them on her nightstand. She pressed her palms to her forehead and recalled the day step by step. The last thing she remembered was doing her report in the kitchen at the breakfast bar.

"My papers." She suddenly realized. Hopping out of bed, she ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. Otis was sitting at the counter sipping on a cup of coffee, his eyes locked on his phone screen. Her laptop was closed and sitting on the corner of the countertop, the Vendetta files and recorder stacked on top of it.

"Don't worry, I didn't read anything. I'm not nosy," Otis assured her without looking her way.

She couldn't believe she had been stupid enough to fall asleep at the table and leave confidential notes out in the open for his groupies to access.

"Thanks. But how-"

"Mikale carried you up when he walked into the kitchen and found you dead asleep." He cut her off, knowing she was confused.

Lilianna felt herself curl inward. They had been in her room, they had walked her entire house, and they were sitting at her breakfast bar drinking coffee from her coffee machine.

This is all so wrong.

"Oh, okay. Thank you." She mumbled.

"No problem kid," Mikale smirked as he walked past her, and opened the fridge. "I also went shopping this morning and got us food, that way we won't eat you out of a house and home."

"Wait, what?" Lilianna shook her head and pushed the hair back from her face. "No, you aren't living here. I made that explicitly clear, remember?"

"Well, if we're allowed to cook in your kitchen as you said then we need somewhere to keep our food until we cook it." Mikale pointed at the fridge. Lilianna chewed on her cheek in frustration- she hadn't considered all the additional details that came with her compromise.

"A little lost for words are we? Someone is clearly not a morning person." Otis chuckled. "Do you drink coffee?"

"Clearly, I do as you are currently sipping on coffee from my coffee machine which you made using my coffee pods." She snapped, finally waking up enough that she could be angry with the fact that they were freely using her house.

Mikale set a mug under the machine and let it pour a cup of coffee for her, his own mug half-empty as he dished out eggs and bacon for Otis and himself. Lilianna opened the fridge, a shelf of food that clearly wasn't hers was all she could focus on until Mikale tapped her shoulder.

"Coffee for the grumpy lady." He smiled and extended the mug to her which she begrudgingly accepted. She turned and poured creamer in it from the fridge, also noticing that the carton was lighter than she recalled. They were mooching from her favourite vanilla creamer and she felt her eye twitch.

"Do you have a session today?" Otis asked, her anger making her slam the fridge closed. The twins stared at her for a moment before she shuffled out of the kitchen towards the staircase.

"No not until Monday." She shook her head.

"Then what are you doing till then?"

"Working on my case report. Basic session prep. Mostly work-related things."