Chapter 12: Tangled in the Great Escape

'I let you down and started to run, Never meant to be your pain, What have I become'

"Rise and shine, cupcake!"

Lilianna awoke with a start. She narrowed her eyes on her bedroom door where Mikale banged repeatedly on the wood from the opposite side. He was laughing as she groaned in annoyance.

"You're going to be late, hurry that little ass up!" Mikale urged, clapping his hands together quickly and stomping on the flimsy floorboards to shake her and her belongings.

She stumbled to get her feet into her flamingo slippers in her sleepy state. Once she was at the door, she threw it open and shoved Mikale back with a scream. "I hate you!"

"The feeling is mutual, cupcake!" He cackled, running to the stairs and continuing to yell from the main floor. He had made it his personal mission to piss her off and she hated him for it.

She begrudgingly got ready for her session with Terrence Vendetta. Having woken up on the wrong side of the bed, she wore a less-than-professional outfit for the first time since she had been assigned the case. Her Stanford hoodie was tattered and a special clothing item of hers and her vintage Doc Martin boots had seen better days. Hardy would disapprove of her outfit if he saw her but she knew she could deal with that on the jet.

"Good morning, Anna!" Otis smiled once she entered the kitchen to pour herself a cup of coffee.

"You two are way too happy. Who did you kill?" She stated as Mikale slid a bowl of oatmeal across the counter toward her. She eyed the food skeptically. This was the first time Mikale had ever done anything nice for her since they met. It was very suspicious.

"Why would you think we killed someone?" Mikale laughed.

"Because you're acting weird." She repeated.

"Just eat the food I worked so hard to prepare for you!" Otis demanded, sitting opposite her with his own breakfast.

"Thank you, Otis." She responded slowly, still cautious of their behaviour.

"You're welcome, cupcake." He smiled back. The front door opened and a few seconds later, Commodore appeared in the kitchen entrance.

"Good morning, baby girl!" He smirked, sitting on the stool beside her and grabbing one of the bowls Otis had prepared.

"Morning." She responded without looking his way.

"Someone seems a little grumpy today." He laughed, making Otis glare at him in response.

"And apparently we're the ones acting weird," Mikale added.

"I'm just excited for today-" Commodore started but stopped immediately when the twins slapped him.

Lilianna looked at them incredulously. "What's so special about today?"

The three gangsters froze.

"Big football game!" Mikale finally announced.

"Football?" She furrowed her brows in disbelief.

"Yeah, we were going to go to a sports bar and have a guy's night! That way you can have some alone time in the house like you have been asking for since the last time we sat on the porch. Remember?" Commodore lied cleanly, making Otis nod along.

"It would be good for all of us to enjoy some time without constantly attacking one another!" Otis continued. Lilianna nodded, not believing anything coming from their mouths.

"Sure." She huffed, looking back at her breakfast in thought.

They all knew it wasn't a clean lie at all.