4

I couldn't sleep the entire night. I tossed and turned on my bed. Dreading the morning to come.

It was Seven in the morning now. I had to move my ass from the bed and start getting ready.

But the only thought in my head was how to escape this marriage right now.

Maybe, if I never showed up for this breakfast, he would get angry and leave me alone. I can handle my father's temper, I guess. But I wasn't sure about how Damien would react towards my blatant insult. He was known for his intolerance for any kind of disrespect.

I went to the bathroom to freshen up. Once I was done, I looked through my closet to find something appropriate to wear.

I decided on a yellow sundress. Brown sandals and a brown sling bag. I did no makeup whatsoever, except for moisturizing my face. Letting my hair down naturally, I picked up my phone from the bedside table before heading down the stairs.

 Letting my hair down naturally, I picked up my phone from the bedside table before heading down the stairs

Papa and my brothers were in the main hall, while papa read the newspapers and my brothers on their phones.

I cleared my throat.

"Pumpkin." Steve greeted.

I wasn't in a mood for their pleasantries. My stomach was churning. My nerves were going up.

"I am heading out for the breakfast with Mr.King" I stated.

Papa looked up at me, took a sip from his coffee and said, "Good, Alex will drive you there." Alex was our family's most trusted chauffeur. I wasn't allowed to drive. Apparently it's for my safety. But they thought It was safe to get me betrothed to a monster.

I nodded and walked towards the main door.

"Elle.." It was pappa.

I halted my steps and waited for him to continue.

Papa held my shoulders and turned me around. Looking deep into my eyes he said, "Dont push his limits. Damien isn't one to be played with. Take care."

I tried to mask the fear from my face and walked away.

Don't push his limits? What did papa mean? I am definitely trying to get him understand me and escape out of this marriage if not pushing his limits.

As I was sitting in the car, I planned out my conversation with Mr.King in my head, of how I was going to convince him out if this marriage. I didn't know how far my plan would go seeing how shy, nervous and afraid I am of him right now. But I will try. Definitely!

"Uuuhh.. Alex? Do you know anything about Mr. Damien King?"

"Plenty madam.." replied Alex "or at least I know everything about him rumoured in the mafia family."

"And what is that like?" I questioned already dreading the answer, I have heard rumours about him too.

"He is ruthless madam. Very cruel and unforgiving. Even the greatest of mafia leaders fear him, there is a reason for him to be named the mafia king. I do not know how your family can hand over you to him. You are too pure for him," Alex continued "I know you are already very scared, but I wanted to tell you this because you have a right to know. He isn't a patient or lenient man and you must watch your steps around him."