9

"What the fuck are you wearing, Elle?" Damien seethed.

I looked at my outfit and then back at his face as I whispered back at him both annoyed and afraid of him,"What's wrong?"

"Your entire skin is on display!" His voice was raising as he continued,"For all the fu*kers to ogle at your legs and navel!"

I looked at Damien in shock, my parents never had any problem about my dressing. And my outfit is cute and fit for the summer season. I pinched the bridge of my nose with my fingers as I thought about what I should reply to the bipolar man next to me.

The car was picking speed as Damien's anger was going up the notch and his hold on the steering wheel became too tight that his knuckles were turning white, I was getting terrified of Damien as each second passed, so I did what I thought would be the best. I turned my body sideways to face Damien and placed my right hand on his forearms as I softly said,"Calm down, please.. I- I didn't wear this with any bad intention, I j-just thought this dress would be better for the summer."

Damien visibly calmed under my touch and closed his eyes for a moment and nodded stiffly at me with his eyes still on the road.

I sighed in relief and sank on my seat and tried to calm my own heart that was beating so hard out of fear. A warm hand was placed on my thigh, I looked down to see Damien making circles with his thumb on my exposed skin as I bit my lips when tingles erupted from where he touched me.

We both were silent for a long time, although Damien was now calm I could feel the iciness and dominance radiating off from him. So I decided to break the silence,"Where are we headed to?"

Silence.

I looked at him and tried again,"Where are we going?"

"You'll see.." was his reply.

It was awkward again, so I came up with another question,"Where you out of town the past two days?"

"Italy."

"Oh.. I would like to visit Italy too.."

"Soon.."

I smiled slightly at him as I asked,"You'll take me?"

"Who else?" He shot back giving me a glare.

I sighed,"What is wrong?"

"We are being followed." He bit out.

"What?" I almost screamed looking back. But I couldn't see any cars following us.

"No, Damien. There are no cars." I stated.

"Listen to me, darling. You stay in the car while I get out. Clear? Lock the car from inside and duck down in the seat and do not come out. Open the door only when I come back. Clear?" His voice was gentle but his commands were clear and with no room for argument as I nodded.

We parked on the side of the deserted road as Damien grabbed my face and kissed me on the corner of my lips and roughly whispered, "If you fucking open the door, I will ensure that you won't be able to sit for a weak!"

I nodded while I tried to pry off his painful grip on my jaw, Damien looked satisfied as he got out of the car. I locked the car immediately and looked around to see many SUVs and other cars now surrounding us. Men came out of the cars as more than half of them stood behind Damien and the rest on their opposite side.

I could see the leader of the opposite group seething at Damien as he remained cool and stoic. A few minutes must have passed by before the leader pointed his gun directly at me from outside the car.

My eyes widened,"Oh shit!" I whispered in panic as I immediately ducked down. Damien will kill me! It's funny that I fear Damien more than the gun that was now pointed at me.