14

I stood there in pure confusion.

"What?" I questioned.

"No more Kings in our life, little sister." Smiled Luke.

"No-no. I can't understand. What do you mean no more King?"

Luke nodded at his men and they all dispersed. Taking me by my shoulders Luke lead me to my room and we both sat in my balcony.

Luke looked at me with all seriousness and started, "Elle.. everything between you guys were a setup. We wanted him to let his guard down around us and we being your family Damien seemed to do just that." Luke explained as I sat there not being able to wrap my head around it.

"Luke, are you for real?" I whispered frantically at him, "Do you seriously think we can take them down like that?" I questioned.

"Yes, we've planned everything out and things are already being put to action. But we need your help for this to be done successfully.. you have to play along." Luke said taking hold of my hands.

I stood up and looked at him incredulously, "Luke! Stop this nonsense right now! We can't take the King empire down. They are too strong and they will not let us leave if they get a whiff of this plan!" I shouted at my brother in a frantic fear.

"Elle!" Luke sighed, "I know it's difficult for you to understand, but trust me.."

"What is going on here?" Dad's gruff voice reached my ears.

I slowly turned around to look at his hard gaze on me.

"Papa.." I whispered, "What is the meaning if all this?"

"You will play along, Elle." Papa ordered his voice strong and unwavering.

"I-I.." I struggled with words, "I can't do this t-to him Papa.."

Everyone stood silent as if shocked by my reaction towards the plan against Damien, I couldn't blame them, I was surprised too. I waited for Papa's reply in silence...

"Take Elle to her room and do not let her come out unless asked for." Papa ordered to one of my assigned guard.

"Wait! Papa.. don't do this.. please.." I tried to call out as I was forcefully dragged to my room.

I looked at the man in suit whom I have started to see from a very young age now dragging me to my room according to my father's order, "Ben.. please.. don't lock me in. I really have to talk to Papa." I shook my hands violently to loosen Ben's grip on me.

The strong and sturdy man straightened me with one jerk and pushed me into my room.

"I am sorry, Elle.. but I need to follow the boss's orders." With that the door was shut and locked.

I stood there trying to figure out what happened in the last hour.. one moment I was betrothed to a cruel mafia boss and the next I was to help my family to execute him.

My heart beat fast in fear.. in fear of losing the notorious man I so much hate. Why am I bothered ?! I should be glad. Isn't it ?

I am just all over the place. I decided.

I crept on my bed and laid down.. sleep overtook my body in moments.

____________________________

I woke up from all the noise of large men running and shouting outside my room. Rubbing away the sleep from my eyes, I collected my thoughts. What now ? I wondered..

Damien... My heart beat increased just by the thought about him.

I came back to the present time as my door was banged open, and there was my brother standing his eyes glazing with fury.