11

"Damien, What is-" I was stopped mid sentence as Damien raised his gun towards my direction and a shot rang throughout the peaceful forest.

I stilled with fear and shut my eyes tight. I knew Damien wasn't aiming at me but something behind me. Two seconds must have passed before a strong hand was placed on my arm, and as I opened my mouth to scream another hand clamped on my mouth shutting me up.

"Shut up and stay in the fucking car." Damien's harsh whisper made me tremble as he pushed me inside the car and locked it from outside.

Then it was chaos. Men were shooting and fighting with each other, and I stared at it in pure fear and panic. I couldn't understand who would plan an attack on the Don of the mafia himself. Even without knowing the business I knew no one stood a chance against the Kings family and their unforgiving leader. Coming back to focus I could clearly see that it was Damien's side that was winning this brutal game of killing. I am not sure from where all this men working for Damien came from, but they sure were doing their job successfully.

There was frantic thudding on my car window as I whipped to my left side to look at the intruder. My eyes almost bulged out if it's socket seeing a battered Blake standing outside clutching his injured and profusely bleeding arm.

He was screaming something at me from outside. But I couldn't hear a thing, I tried opening the car door from inside but to no avail and that's when I realised this must be a sound and bullet proof high security car. As I was trying to communicate with Blake I could see a dark shadow of a humongous man which was now slightly familiar to me looming behind Blake. Damien! I thought in panic.

"Move!" I screamed at Blake.

I didn't wan't Damien to hurt Blake. I had to stop him, somehow. I banged on the glasses in panic as I gestured and shouted at Blake to move. The shadow raised his hand and by the time Blake could turn around a sharp blow was delivered on his head as Blake's form crumpled on the ground. I watched in horror at what was happening to my best friend, I tore my eyes from the unconscious body of Blake to meet the dark and cruel gaze of Damien. Without breaking our eye contact Damien reached for his gun as he slowly aimed it at Blake.

"No! No. No. No!" I screamed with all I had, "Damien! Please open the door. Damiieeenn open the door, please!" Tears were flowing freely from my eyes as I banged on the glass with all my strength. I fumbled around the car looking for something to open the stupid door. I pressed on every button around the steering wheel and suddenly, theere was a beep from the car and I stopped all my movements. I immediately tried my luck and the door opened, the car somehow unlocked.

I jumped out as I raised my hands towards Damien, "Please.. don't do it." I whispered trying to calm him down.
Damien cocked his head to the side as he asked, "Say goodbye to your friend, darling." I gulped and tried again,"Damien, let's please talk about this. Just... g-give me a chance.. I can't even understand what's going on!" I cried,"Why is Blake even here?"

Damien chuckled dryly, "Feigning innocence won't take you anywhere."

"I-I am not acting." I said looking down.

Damien clicked the gun removing it's security. A clear warning. For me.

"Okay okay I-I get it! He tried attacking you." I stammered.

Damien smirked at me his eyes glinting with cruel mirth.

"Please Damien.. lower the gun.."

"I am loving it when you beg. I can already imagine better situations of you begging." Damien's eyes raked my body appreciatively.

I stared at him in disbelief, one second he is the best gentlemen out there and the next a cruel and sick monster!

"Damien," I tried to come up with something to say that could convince him not to kill Blake, "Don't hurt him, please.. I will never be able to live with it."