10

Seeing Blake all bruised up and limping I jumped up from my seat along with Koko and literally ran towards him. I was almost ready to throw myself at my best friend before one of Blake's bodyguard stopped me, "Miss.Knight, sir is not in the best of condition.." the bodyguard trailed, understanding what he meant I hurriedly replied, "oh-oh I understand, sorry!" Stupid me, What was I thinking when trying to hug an injured man! Too badly at that.

"Don't stop her!" Blake snapped at his bodyguard glaring daggers at the poor man. "Blake," I called him and soon his eyes was on me which now turned warm looking at me, "Come on." I gently urge him towards our corner in th cafe.

"Holy moly Blake! I suddenly couldn't recognise you there." Said Koko laughing, "But seriously, What happened to you?"

Blake clenched his jaw as I looked down at my nails. I don't know why was I feeling guilty for what Damien did, maybe because I feared that I was the reason behind Damien's wrath against my poor best friend. "It was just a fight. You know work thing." Blake brushed away the question his eyes flickering towards me,"anyway what do we order?"

We three ordered our drinks and waited for it to arrive while we chatted along. Blake and Chloe were my most close friends. While Chloe is my friend from school starting from kindergarten, Blake was a family friend. Blake and Koko didn't share the same deep kind of bond that I shared with each of them but they both pretty much went along well.

We finished our drinks and as I was munching on to some cheesecake, Koko excused herself to head to the washroom. "Care to share?" Blake questioned eyeing my cheesecake and smiling playfully. I giggled and extended the spoon for him to take. "I am afraid my poor broken hands can't take that spoon." Blake tried to pout in fake sadness, I laughed at his attempt and took a spoonful of cheesecake and fed it to him. After a few bites I sighed and turned around to face him fully and asked,"Was it Damien?" I gestured to his battered face and body. "So now you are on first name basis with him?" Blake gritted and I looked at him and shook my head not wanting to start a fight as he nodded in reply. I looked down feeling more guilty than I already did. Blake hooked one of his fingers under my chin and made me look up and slowly said, "You do know it wasn't your fault, Elle.." I shook my head and asked, "Then whose fault was it?" Blake clenched his jaw again and shut his eyes, "Me. I disrespected him and tried to challenge him publicly when he was with his woman." He said through clenched teeth.

I should have known! Damien was acting too nice that night; He would never leave any one freely if they try to question his power. "And also I don't think Don is very pleased about our friendship either." Blake chuckled "But I don't care you will always be my munchkin." Out of the blue I hugged a surprised Blake from the side, I was overwhelmed by how much Blake cared for me even after what Damien put him through. I then placed a small kiss on his cheek which he returned on my forehead. I laid my head on his shoulders as I noticed that there was an eerie silence around us. I looked around and my eyes almost popped out of its sockets as I saw the stone face of Damien beside whom Chloe was shivering with fear.

Damien's cold gaze held my fear stricken one as his legs quickly ate up the space between our table and where he was standing in a few powerful strides. I rose from where I was seated shakong and looked down not being able to hold his intimidating eyes. One moment we were all still and the next moment Blake was thrown of his seat and was groaning in pain as Damien punched him so hard that everyone around us gasped in shock. Blake's bodyguards tried to go for Blake's aid but one look from the Mafia king himself had all the men backing away like cowards.

"Blake!" I took a few steps to go towards a groaning Blake clearly in pain but I was stopped by an iron grip on my arm. I whirled around at Damien to give him a piece of my mind,"Da-" I was cut off as Damien spit through clenched teeth, "If you value your friends' pathetic life you will shut the fuck up and follow me." I clamped my lips and looked away in fear as he dragged me out. I looked back to see Damien's men roughly dragging Koko and injured Blake as well.