5

No! I can't get married to that man. I have to find a way out. Somehow.

After our disastrous meeting, I couldn't bring myself to even think about that monster.

Once Damien ensured that I ate the entire plate, he left without so much as a glance at my direction.

And I was glad. His dominating presence was too much for me.

Luke was fine. As soon as Damien left, I ran to Luke's car, to only see him standing outside with a furious expression on his face.

Alex drove us both back home that day.

It was two days ago.

Sitting in my room now, I could hear the huge row between my dad and brothers.

After what Damien did to Luke, both him and Steve no more wanted me anywhere near the monster. But my dad didn't falter from his decision.

The voice were going up downstairs.

Crash.

The heavy and angry steps of Luke headed towards his bedroom.

Silence.

After spending the entire day in my room, I finally decided to go to my dad; to bring an end to this ridiculous arrangement between the knights and the kings family.

I knocked on papa's study door.

"Come in." came his reply from inside.

"Papa?" I slowly spoke as I opened the study door and made my way inside before closing the door.

"Yes, dear?" Papa glanced at me and went back to his papers.

Walking towards his chair behind his majestic Oakwood table, I kneeled down near his feet and placed my hand on his knee before whispering, "why?"

I knew I didn't have to explain more. He had seen all my tears for the past few days. So, I waited. For whatever he had to say.

Sighing, papa started, "Elle, my dear, papa only wanted the best for you. I never wanted you to go through the pain that you are feeling right now. I am helpless my child."

"Why?" I asked exasperated. "You are one of the powerful mafia leader out there, surely you can do something?!"

"One of the powerful mafia leader, Elle. But the Kings or precisely Damien King is the ultimate head of the mafia world;" Papa said, "The way he rules is fit for a heartless and cruel monster, and we can't fight against his ruthlessness, cruelty and steel hold on this world."

"Can't we do som-something?" I sobbed.

"I tried, my dear. Alot. The man spotted you long before and he had once mentioned and set the word with us. But we thought he would forget. After all, it's been ten years." Dad said tiredly.

I was a bit confused, "Ten years?" I asked,"Papa- when exactly did he see me for the first time ?"

Papa observed me closely as he placed his hands on my head, "he was twenty then, you were eight. He saw you the first time on your eighth birthday celebration."

"Wh-what?" I asked shocked. My mind reeled in realisation, ten years from then, I am 18 now and he must be 30!

God! Now I am betrothed to a cruel thirty year old monster?!

"I just have one request right now, Elle" papa said with sad eyes, "Do not test that man. Damien is too cruel and heartless. Be careful around him."

Papa held both my shoulders and raised me up as he too stood from his seat, looking at my eyes with so much love and care he whispered, "I never wanted this, but I hope my dear daughter, that you will be able to forgive me someday."

Papa's words broke my naive heart into pieces, I crashed into him crying hard, he lead me to my room while I hid my face in his chest crying and sobbing.

He made me sit on my bed, placed a kiss on my forehead and left the room.

That night I dreamt of a beautiful monster with pitch black eyes.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

New chapter is here !

Do follow, vote and leave your comments.

Much love and God bless ❣