chapter 8

Chapter 8

Dec 2

Of all the times I had decided to look like crap, I just had to meet a lot of gorgeous people today. First, I had met the man from the mall that I'm too embarrassed to face again and now I was facing my flawless sister right now

Her skin was glowing brighter than it usually did and her stunning face was adorned with light makeup. She had worn a light blue contact lens that actually intensified her beauty and drew attention to her full plump lips. Her long legs were on full display as she worn a simple flower patterned playsuit and a pair of nude heels on her feet.

She was clutching onto Colin, her exact carbon copy son who had inherited her full pink lips and honey colored skin. His curly brown hair made him more adorable as he stared at me for a long time. I couldn't blame the kid. He didn't know me. He never had the chance to really meet me. I had only met him once, two years ago and it was impossible for him to remember me.

Nosa Timothy was the first to speak. He had come out from packing all the loads and had a huge grin on his face. One undisputed thing, Nosa was handsome. Light skin graced across his body and his square shaped jawline alongside his five o'clock shadow made his rugged features more attractive. Being a footballer favoured him, giving him muscles in the right places. Unfortunately, he and I never really connected as family since we've never really had a long conversation

"Abigail. Hey. Good to see you. Colin, go and greet your Aunty Abigail."

I watched the little guy run to hug me as his adorable eyes bore into mine. "Good evening, Aunty Abigail."

I hugged him back, finally replying my brother in law. "Nosa. Hey. Same here."

He replied with a polite nod and went inside, purposely sensing the awkward conversation that would implode between Sarayah and I, choosing to avoid it.

I finally settled to speak "you look good, Sarayah." Good was only an understatement considering how stunning she looked.

Her words trailed off, lacking any form of genuine niceness "You too, Abbie."

I rolled my eyes. I knew I looked like crap at the moment but her faux niceness was riveting. "I thought you were coming tomorrow."

"I was going to. But I thought it would be better to surprise you and mom. So me and my family boarded a plane a day earlier and flew ourselves back to Nigeria. Only a shame, mom is at work."

"Don't worry, she'll always be thrilled to see you anyway. You're her favorite."

"Don't be silly, Abbie. It doesn't suit you."

I rolled my eyes again. I didn't need to give her the chance to undermine me. I wasn't a teenager anymore. I was an accomplished woman who didn't need her backlash. "Same goes for you, sis."

Her lips thinned but she was wise not to dwell on it. "How's your love life? Any special man in your life?"

"For now, my job is my love life."

She gave a dramatic gasp that earned yet another eye roll from me. "Poor thing. You better find a man fast. You don't want to turn to an old spinster, do you?"

"Your concern about me, as usual, is unnecessary."

Sarayah's lips gave a pout. "Lighten up a little. I was just teasing."

That wasn't a tease. It was an insult, but that was how Sarayah was. I really didn't have the patience for that. "So how's Colin, school and all?"