Chapter 25

Chapter 25
Dec 20

.
It was so ironical how seeing Ayo could brighten up my mood. Never in my life did I think any one could brighten up my mood like he did.  I could spot him in the crowd and I found it hard to keep my eyes off him. He was talking to Rose and another man, but somehow his gaze caught mine and his bright full smile came into view.

He excused himself from the people he was talking to and walked up to me "Hey, beautiful"

It was hard not to smile back at him. His smile was infectious "Hey. I didn't want it to seem like you left your conversation to talk to me"

"You've got to be joking. Rose even wants you to come over and join us"

Relieved, I followed him to where his petite friend, Rose stood with a man who stood exactly at my height "Hi"

.The corners of Rose's lips curled up "It's good to see you, Abbie. This over here is Alex"

Alex handshook me "I'm Ayo's best friend. But I enjoy teasing him, for a living"

I laughed "You and Rose must really enjoy that"

Ayo rolled his eyes "You know what's worse than your two best friends teasing you. It's when your two best friends get married and continue teasing you. It's like a tag team and I always lose whenever they work together, which is every time"

My eyes widened. Alex and Rose were married? "I had no idea you two were married"

"it's only two years. We don't have kids yet but we've got eachother though"

"I'm still 29. I still have a year to worry about my ovaries shrinking out of existence. Or anything else"

Ayo said "Rose. No one wants to hear about your shrinking ovaries"

Rose gasped playfully "that's a lie. My stories helps Alex sleep"

"That's because they're boring."

"Ayokunle Emmanuel Coker. You don't want to mess with me. I always win"

Chuckling, he replied "You don't have to say my name in full"

Alex grinned "Yes darling. You're making the little boy cry"

.

Ayo groaned and looked at me "See the way they are teasing me. It's like they live for it"

I scratched my chin playfully "Alex is right. You do act like a little boy. It's sweet"

Ayo shook his head in amusement "Not you too"

Alex grinned widely "I like her already. Anyone who can successfully tease Ayo is a friend of ours instantly"

Rose added "In fact we're inviting you for dinner tomorrow at our place. So we can get to know you better"

"I'll take you up on that offer but I have a better idea. I'm taking Ayo to the amusement park tomorrow. You guys can come, it would be a double date"

Ayo narrowed his eyes, not trusting my mischievous smile "And why would you want to go to an amusement park. Isn't that for kids?"

My smile was sly "Nothing in particular. I'd love both of us to ride the Ferris wheel"

Ayo sputtered "The-The what?"

Alex threw his head back, laughing "She knows about your fear of riding the ferris wheel? I totally like this girl. You have my complete approval of her"

"Why do you look surprised, Ayo?  You weren't expecting me to really do it after you made me face my fear?"

Ayo's shrug didn't look convincing and it made my smile broaden "it's no big deal"

Rose's lips lifted up in a smirk"How risque of you, Ayo. Let's see how long you'd last tomorrow"

Ayo groaned "I need new friends. Does anyone know where I can buy one? Does #100 suffice for the price?"

The three of us laughed and I was about to speak when I noticed from afar, the host standing on the podium, had begun to talk. I turned my head and gasped. I was so caught up in my discussion, I had almost forgotten why I was here in the town hall. Today was another Christmas event and it was the cook off/ bake off and I was so delighted to take pictures and taste all the delicious pastries and mouth watering cuisines.

Ayo states "Aren't you supposed to take pictures of the event right now? It's already starting"

I nodded "I almost forgot. I've gotta go. It's nice to meet you, Alex and It's really good to see you again, Rose. You two, are a delight"

Rose and  Alex gave their simultaneous reply of appreciation.

I turned to Ayo and placed a chaste kiss on his lips "Later then"

He grinned, making my insides turn. He really was a beautiful sight to behold "I'll see you after the event. Try not to disappear"

I nodded slightly and quickly ran off to take pictures.

...............................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................

"It feels good staring at the stars again. Thank you"

"I know how much you like it. I think I finally understand your fascination with it. It calms my nerves"

"I'm glad you get it"

"Are we really going to ride the ferris wheel tomorrow?"

My lips curled up "Ayokunle Emmanuel Coker, are you frightened about riding the Ferris wheel? If you're that afraid, then we won't do it. We'll just cancel our plans with your friends. They'd love to know why we cancelled"

"This is straight up blackmail"

"Think of it as revenge for making me sing in public"

His smug grin widened "Luckily for you, you have another fear. Prepare to learn how to ride a bicycle"

I scowled "you play dirty"

"Only when I need to. You don't look too pleased, I wonder why"

"I'll figure out another of your fear. Just watch"

"You're one devious little minx,  you know that"

"Don't look so surprised. You know how I am and you like me like that"

His eyes glistened as it bore into mine. I found myself getting lost in her warm brown eyes "Ofcourse I do"

As he pulled me closer, distracting me with his .kiss.

...............................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................