Chapter 21

Chapter 21
Dec 15

Cuddling in his arms in my room as I sip my ginger tea, Ayo watched the ANNIE HALL movie with rapt attention. I steal glances at him and enjoy watching the change in his expression through out the movie. He swore whenever he was startled by the turn of events and pulls me closer whenever there was a kiss scene.

When the movie ended, he could only mutter "Wow. It's incredible"

"You like it?"

"It's unique. But it says quite alot about you"

"tell me"

"other stereotypical women go for rom-coms, but your favorite movie is about a man and woman who fall in love and fall out of love later on, as the man struggles to accept it"

"I'm not a stereotype. I'm a realist."

"I see"

"You're doing that thing again. You're over analyzing everything"

"Am I?"

"Yes you are. It's cute but it's also exhausting"

"Is it wrong that I'm trying to figure you out?"

"there's nothing to figure out. I'm not Mary"

Pursing his lips, he pulls me closer "Sorry. It's just so............."

"Hard?"

"Yes"

"I know that first hand. It gets easier"

He doesn't reply. He didn't need to. He got the message. I was going to stand by his side, through it all.

...............................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................

Dec 16

My phone rings, the next morning, pulling me out of my morning workout "Hi"

His baritone voice sends shivers down my body "Hi. Are you free right now?"

"I am"

"Great. I'd like you to come somewhere with me"

"Can I ask where?"

"We're taking an introductory art class together"

Chuckling, I say "Introductory art?"

"To be honest, I'm babysitting my nieces for their art class and I wanted you to come along. There will be free ice cream though"

I found it hard to fight my growing smile "You drive a good bargain. Yep. I'm coming. No one can say no to ice cream"

"Great. I'll pick you up at your place in an hour"

In exactly an hour, he was parked outside the house, waiting for me. Thankfully, I wore casual tasteful outfits that Ayo appreciated, from the way he ogled at me.

He pulled up his car at a bay, right in front of a large studio. Interlocking my hands with his, we both hold a niece of on each spare hand as we enter the art studio.

I had to ask, though a part of me suspected the answer "Who owns this studio?"

"Seyi. She doesn't teach the introductory art section but she does the general overseeing. She's been so swamped with work because of the Christmas festival. She's an Olayemi by marriage and this festival is their legacy"

"I'm impressed"

"Seyi has a way of making people see the dreams she has"

Nodding at him "She does. So where's the way to the introductory art class?"

...............................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................

I tried to hold back my laughter as I stared at my terrible painting. Ayo paused his work and came closer to me to look at my artwork. He bit his lower lip, holding back his laughter, until he couldn't anymore.

Throwing his head back and laughing, he says "What the hell is that supposed to be?"

I pouted "A bowl of fruits"

His laughter got me pouting even more "A bowl of what?"

The elderly art teacher paused her lesson to glare at us "Things are getting too loud at that corner"

I blushed "Sorry ma and sorry kids", looking around the class, being that I was surrounded by kids. The oldest kids in the class was probably 10 years. I could even spot Seyi's kids trying to hold back their snickers.

My apology seemed to appease the teacher as she continued with the class. Ayo grinned at me with a whisper "Sorry I laughed so hard. It's just so funny"

I nudged him lightly "How nice of you. I'd love to see your brilliant artwork since you enjoy making fun of me"

Chuckling, he takes me to his stand and I groan instantly, seeing how amazing his painting is "It's probably just beginner's luck"

Rubbing the back of his head, he confesses "I've actually had over a decade of practice. My sister is a renowned artist after all"

I raise my head to look at him "Good. Then there's hope for me"

"Oh no. Not even a glimmer of hope. My first artwork was a million times better than what you did"

I nudged him again, sending a glare at him as he continued to return amused glances back at me

"I know you're busy with work but would you like to be my date at tomorrow's Christmas fiesta's movie night? "

Fighting hard not to kiss him at the moment, I choose to interlace his hands with mine "I can find some spare time and I'd love to"

..............................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................

I just love the chemistry between these two. It isn't explosive and overly sexual. It's sweet and genuine. They are both emotionally connected and enjoy exploring the connection they have with each other. A type of relationship they both needed after experiencing toxic relationships.

What ship name should they have?
Abiyo? YoGail? Or just A²?? 😀😀 I really come up with the worst ship names.
Xoxo
Jasmine