Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Dec 23

This was the first event done in the morning and it felt pleasant, for a change. The event kicked off with the marathon. With or without my job as an excuse, I wasn't crazy enough to participate in the event. Yes, I enjoyed jogging but only for a short period. I always got exhausted easily because of my high blood pressure I had inherited from my dad so I knew when to kick back on the stress.

Sarayah, Nosa and even Ayo were part of the contestants. As usual, the event was also for charity and alot of people wanted to partake in it. It ended two hours later and the winner was the awarded with a trophy .

Other sporting events were taking place and I took as much pictures as I could. Towards the evening, Ayo came over, clutching a bicycle and grinning broadly at me "Look at what I got"

I dryly said "I was hoping you wouldn't"

"Well it's too late for that"

"What if I get hurt?"

"I'm gonna be right here. I won't ever let you get hurt. You mean too much to me to let that happen"

My breath hitched as he held my gaze steadily "I was talking about the bicycle"

Shrugging, he answers "I know. I just wanted to point that out to you too"

Well, you mean so much to me too, pretty boy"

"That nickname again?"

"What? It suits you. I can't picture anyone having that nickname but you"

He smirked at me "Just get on the bike"

"Aye Aye, captain"

........................................................................................................
........................................................................................................

I did fall off the bicycle, a couple of times but not enough to get me hurt. It didn't take long for me to get a hang of it. I found it a bit terrifying using a bike, but at the same time, it felt liberating. Feeling the wind rushing across my body as I rode th bicycle slowly, I felt on top of the world. It was a good feeling and I felt an even better feeling when I saw Ayo smiling at me from afar as I rode the bicycle.

I was no expert at bike riding, my slow pace can be quite irritating to others but to me, It felt like a milestone. Like I had crossed another hurdle in my life and I could do even more with that.

"You seem to enjoy this bike riding thing. I can get myself a bike so we could go bike riding every morning. Probably after Christmas. My mornings are busy because of how close the Christmas carol is"

"Really close. It's even two days away. You must be excited about it"

"I'm more nervous actually. I'd rather not mess up"

"You wouldn't. I trust what you can do"

"If you aren't too busy. You can come over tomorrow and watch the final practice at Goldyn Land's school hall"

"I'll try my best. But no promises. I'm at my laziest in the morning. Come to think of it, I'd even rather enjoy the surprise of the carol, rather than spoiling it by coming around tomorrow"

"I guess you have a point. I'd love to see you wowed on Christmas day"

"Me too. The whole thing you're doing is impressive. Heck, this whole town is impressive. They take things to another level. It's really amazing"

"That's true. Moving to Goldyn Land is probably my best idea yet. The whole town has a feel-good vibe to it that other towns can never have."

"If I didn't already have a home, I would have moved here"

"I'd really love it if you moved here. You'll be alot closer and distance would not be a thing for us"

"Moving here would only make my job far away"

"But it can be possible"

"Let's not have this talk now, please. Everything is moving smoothly for us and I wouldn't like anything to ruin it. We did agree to take it slow, I hope you didn't forget"

"I didn't forget. I just thought you wanted things to go as smoothly as possible as I do. I even need to talk to you about some........ "

"No, Ayokunle. Let's not rush things. You can tell me whatever you want much later. I like how we are. I am happy. Give it time"

Sighing, he says "You really want me to postpone the talk? Okay. We're good. No problem. I'm happy too. Let's just go home now"

"Are you sure you're okay with this? You look upset"

He pecked my forehead gently "Stop worrying too much or you'll get wrinkles fast."

Rolling my eyes, I tell him "As long as you're okay with this, I'm good"

He only nodded at me "Come on, let's go"

........................................................................................................
........................................................................................................

Trouble in paradise? Let's hope they pull through.
Xoxo
Jasmine