ⓟart 21: Therapeutic Sessions

Cameron's POV:

"What are you thinking?"

I shifted my eyes to my therapist. My mother thought it would be best if I go see one. Thing is, I haven't been talking to anyone. Not my friends or my family. After hours lacking food, dark bags under my eyes due to lack of sleep, and not speaking one word, my mom assigned to a therapist that took care of her when she had her rape incident years ago.

It's been two weeks since I was assigned to her. And I never said anything to her and I kept quiet until dismissal.

My therapist named Shelia Vargas, said, "Eventually, you're going to have to talk me. It's been a month since-"

I interrupted her and said, "Don't you ever talk about that."

She leans back in her chair and says, "Finally. I almost thought you were going to turn mute. Let us continue; why don't you want to talk about it?"

Crossing my arms, I said, "Because I don't want to."

She chuckles and said, "Okay. We can talk about something else. How about your day?"

"My day has always been the same as the other days." I dully said.

She furthers into the topic, "Can you describe more about your days?"

Sighing, I told her, "I stayed in my room. Occasionally, I would use the restroom. I stare at my window and watch other people be happy. And then I shower and go to sleep. And then repeat."

A few seconds, she moves onto another topic, "It says here your mother checked you in the local hospital and the doctor clarifies of you showing symptoms of depression. How are you handling this news?"

Clenching my jaws, I stated, "That's out of the question. It refers to the event and I don't want any affiliations with that."

As Dr. Vargas closes her eyes for a second, she changes the topic, "Okay. If that's what you want."

"I do." I clearly state.

She asks, "Did you know that Sherry is due next month? And she would really want you to be by her side."

I close my eyes for a second and said, "Can we not talk about that too?"

Just as I was going to say absolutely nothing, the timer hit the one-hour mark. I didn't let her finish as I walked out her door and repeat my daily schedule.

>>>>

Next Day

Just in our exact position as yesterday, she always starts asking, "What are you thinking?"

As much as I want to say something, I couldn't. I feel as if someone I get close to, would result to them getting hurt. Dr. Vargas just doesn't know when to quit and starts telling me, "This would be our last session. Your mother rethinks about this idea and doesn't see it resolving anytime soon. She thinks you need time. And I agree. But, I also think that you're holding back. You have a lot of emotions flowing in your body and keeping it to yourself isn't healthy. If you can't talk to someone, talk to me.

Remember, this is a private discussion and I won't tell another soul without your permission, of course. The other day, you were going to say something. I'll give you time, but know this: he wouldn't want to see you suffer."

Fueled with rage, I stood up and yelled, "I'M ANGRY! I'M ANGRY AT MYSELF FOR NOT STOPPING THIS FROM HAPPENING! I WAS THE LAST PERSON HE SAW! I'M ANGRY AT HIM BECAUSE HE WAS ALWAYS A RECKLESS DRIVER AND I KEPT WARNING HIM! HE JUST DOESN'T LISTEN! I'M ANGRY AT MY FAMILY BECAUSE THEY WANT TO SEE ME AS THE PERFECT CHILD BUT NOW, THEY JUST WANT THEIR PERFECT CHILD BACK! I'M ANGRY AT MY FRIENDS BECAUSE WITHOUT THEM, I NEVER WOULD'VE MET AN INCREDIBLE GUY AND ALL THIS COULD'VE BEEN PREVENTED! I'M ANGRY AT SHERRY BECAUSE WHEN I SEE HIS CHILD, IT'LL BE A CONSTANT REMINDER THAT I BASICALLY KILLED HER FATHER!