Abandonment

This was a tad unfortunate...apparently someone decided it'd be a good idea to take a pair of scissors to every ounce of clothing I owned. The culprit only left a note with a one-word-sentence, explaining their actions:

Bitch.

Ouch, if only I'd given a fuck. I no longer had shame in walking around naked or only in my underwear. Staring at the horrific looking remains of what had once been my clothes, I shrugged. I could ask Madame for some new ones, or just act as if I'd taken to nudism. I already knew who did it. Yes, Missy was a bitch, but for some reason she didn't seem as much of a bitch. After her standing up to Ashley like that for me, an unasked for action, Missy didn't appear as if she was like a cold, hard, stone wall. Ashley on the other hand, was a truly shitty person. And I didn't put it past her to have done something like this. She'd been pretty pissed at me after I'd punched her, and she had the right to be mad, hell, I'd be mad too, but her retaliation was a tad childish.
I dropped the towel from around my body and put on some underwear. I'd just come from the shower, to find the mess I'd described. I wasn't really bothered much. I like to look at the world knowing I shall die one day, I know that's dark, but I like it that way. Since I take solace in knowing I shall die, I'm not afraid to say what I want or do what I want. If people saw me naked, oh well. Wasn't my fault.
The air conditioning of the house nipped at my skin as I went downstairs. Tyler did a double take when he saw me enter the kitchen. I reached up for a box of corn flakes so I could eat. It was late in the afternoon, but I don't believe in a such thing as 'breakfast time'. If I want pancakes at five in the afternoon, nothing is going to tell me I can't.
"Um, was my wish of being able to see under people's clothes finally granted, or are you not wearing any clothes?" Tyler asked me. I glanced over at him.
"Someone cut up all my clothes." I told him casually, getting a bowl and spoon.
"You're like Regina George." Josie gasped. I looked at her, a confused look apparent on my face. "Someone cut up your clothes, yet you're walking around like it didn't even affect you. Awesome sauce!" She held up a hand for my to high-five, which I did.
"Wait, someone cut up your clothes?" Shay asked from the other side of the table. I nodded, my mouth full. "That's terrible."
"Not so terrible, Holly's got a nice body, so she should be comfortable walking around like that." Tyler pipped up. I glared at him. His eyes widened and he corrected himself. "I mean, not a nice body as your's Shay, but you know."
"I feel like I'm missing something here." Josie whined, pouting slightly. I laughed and shook my head.
"You're not missing anything." Shay told her. "The only thing that's going on is Tyler's unbelievably flirtatious, yet wants to be in a relationship with me."
"I've only got eyes for you, babe. It's not like I'm flirting intentionally, and even if I was, I know Oli would kick my ass." Tyler came over and kissed Shay on the cheek. Shay just frowned at him. "You're not mad, are you?"
"No, why would I be mad, it's not like we're together." Shay said fake-sweetly. Tyler sighed.
"What do you want from me?" Tyler asked irritably.
"I know what I want, and it's for you two to take your fucking couple-y shit out of the goddamned kitchen." Missy stated dryly going to the fridge and opening it. "Ashley and Jake are fighting upstairs, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be in a room with another argument going on."
"She's such a fucking sweetheart." Shay spat.
"The fucking sweetest." Missy blew an air-kiss at Shay before rolling her eyes. I felt myself laughing at the two. Missy could act as if she was a true-to-heart bitch, but I think somewhere deep in her frozen heart, she was actually nice.

___

"Oli my eyes are up here." I told him jokingly. I was in the library because everyone for some reason had started yelling at each other and I wanted no part in it. They'd all probably just have sex and everything would be forgotten. Like usual. He cleared his throat, his face beet red and looked away from me.
"When I said you didn't have to wear anything, I didn't mean for you to take that literally. Though I'm not complaining." He went to the next aisle of books and began rummaging through them.
"Pervert." I teased, picking up a book and reading it's description slowly. He laughed.
"Love, you already know I have a perverted mind. Remember when we first met, and I told you I'd finger you?" He asked, moving books to their correct places. I giggled.
"Yeah, and I'd called you x-rated, even then." I shut the book and put it back.
"So, is there a reason for your minimal attire, or are you just trying to tease me?"
"I enjoy teasing you, believe me I do, but someone destroyed all my clothes while I was in the shower."
"Well, you can borrow some of my clothes then. C'mon." He came back over to me, taking my hand and leading me to his room. He opened one of his drawers to his dresser and pulled out a shirt, and handed it to me, along with some jeans. "You can keep them as well."
"Aw, thank you." I slid on the shirt, and something caught my eye on the back of the jeans tag. "Oli...are these girl's jeans?" He blushed and avoided my eyes. I looked at the tag even closer. Women 5 Ultra Skinnies, read the tag. I giggled. "They are! I always wondered why your pants were so tight."
"Fuck off, Holly." He mumbled going to walk away. "Guys' jeans don't fit how I'd like them to." I grabbed his wrist.
"No, don't go. I like how your jeans look on you. They allow me to see your ass, which is nice by the way." I kissed him quickly before putting on his pants. Honestly, I didn't know we were the size. "Thank you."
"You're welcome." We both walked out of his bedroom and back into the rest of the library. "What's your opinion on Madame?"
"She's okay, I guess. She can be kinda cold and a bit of a bitch, but I don't really talk to her very much. Why?"
"Just curious. Are you very close to anyone in the house?"
"Kinda, but only to Shay, Josie and Tyler."
"Would you miss them, ya know, if you left?"
"Yeah, but if I needed to leave, then I'd get over it. They're nice people, they are, it's just like...we're like balloons, we float and soar until we run out of air inside us and sink to the ground. I have a lot of air inside, so to speak, so I wouldn't want to be here for years or anything." I looked up at him, but Oli was biting his lip and looking at the ground. "Oli, is everything okay?"
"Not really." He was silent for a little while before I dared to speak.
"Do you wanna...talk about it?" I asked, my words careful steps to him, just a precaution, in case he was about to explode.
"There's nothing to really talk about. It's just gnawing at me, and I want to leave. I'm tired of being here, constantly treated like shit by Madame and the others. I know I'm not the best housemate, and I used to try, but one can only be pushed so far until they make a home in the corner. I hate being here, and I just want to go. I don't even care if I don't accomplish anything. Anywhere is better than this hell hole." He looked up at me, his next words nothing above a whisper. "Run away with me, Holly."

___

M stomach was churning with uneasiness. Oli wanted to leave the following night, the moment we knew the coast was clear. I was sitting on the roof with Missy as she smoked away minutes of her life. I was thinking everything over, yes, I was willing to leave with Oli, but I was just trying to accept that sitting next to Missy like I was...it'd be the last time that I did. Falling asleep in my bed would be for the last time. It's all about ends. My life at the whorehouse was coming to an abrupt end and only two people knew that.
"You know, Holly, I kinda like you." Missy blew out a stream of smoke, the sheer smoke stringing out past her brick red lips. "Though I'm not the nicest to you, you still don't leave me. You continue to try to be my friend, or whatever it is you want from me." She glanced over at me. "And I honestly appreciate that. I don't even mind telling you about what my life had been like before I'd come here, 'cause you listen to me, and that's real nice."
"Missy, I'd never wanted anything from you. I just felt like, maybe you weren't really a terrible person." I smiled a little at her. "I really don't mind listening to you. Sometimes listening is better than talking anyway."
"Not everyone thinks that way. When I wanted to talk to my mom about my problems, she'd always tell me my problems weren't even important, because I was 'kid', and she'd then sob to me about her problems because her problems were 'real'. I see it like this, our parents will always see us as 'kids', so anything we say, they won't take seriously. So why bother growing up? No one will take you seriously anyway. We're all destined for epic failure." She put her cigarette to her lips. "To me, any parent willing to put their kid out of the house because they messed up, is the real child. No one asks to me put on this earth, so you shouldn't treat someone like they did."
"You're right. You're absolutely right." I sighed. "It's terrible that pain is what really clears our eyes to what the world is really like."
"And it sucks how the pain is unbearable for some people. People willing to die by their own hands than live in this world."
"The world itself is a painful place, the pain it takes to see that is very minimal."
"What hurt you, Holly? What hurt you so badly that you see things like that?" Missy was being completely honest and open with me right then. I didn't even want to talk, knowing this'd be our last deep conversation with each other. It hurt even more so, because she didn't know it'd be our last.
"Poverty. My parents just kinda giving up on me. The constant reminder that I wasn't good enough. A lot of things can hurt someone. Even the minimal things can really screw someone up."
"I'm sorry you had to go through that." She stubbed out her cigarette onto the roof shingles. "You are good enough, you're better actually. Got that?"
"And the same goes for you too. You getting pregnant wasn't your fault, okay?" And she started to cry, I wrapped my arms around her, holding her against me.
"Thank you for being there for me, Holly." She said through her tears, and like that, I was crying along with her. We were both overcome with tears but for two completely different reasons. She was crying because someone finally gave a semblance of a damn about her, and I was crying because I was going to leave and that'd just make her even more wary of letting anyone in.

___

A/N: TDamn, a quicker update, wow. This is going to be the second-to-last chapter. And I want to say thank you for your kind words on the last chapter, it made my day that much better. Have a wonderful aftnoon, y'all.