𝓉𝓌𝑜 🌿

updating twice in the same day instead of studying? sounds about right

🌿
𝓉𝓌𝑜
🌿

Jungkook clasped the yellowed notebook paper in his hands and read the words back to himself like a mantra.

The task was simple enough: write a romantic poem for a stranger to give to another stranger. Jungkook could have written whatever he wanted on the notecard and sent it off; hell, he could have written "ass" or "vaccum cleaner" if he really wanted to.

But as the rain picked up its pace, serving as a deterrent to any possible customers, Jungkook remained slumped over the counter, rereading his little poem.

He hoped Jimin would visit him soon and lift his drooping spirits. After all, the little jewelry store was only a few shops down from Mother Earth, and Jungkook would feel a lot less lonely with his friend by his side.

He sighed, shaking his head clumsily as if to banish the negative thoughts from his mind in the vigorous, headache- inducing movement.

Jungkook picked up the paper and began copying the words onto the lavender notecard, smiling to himself as he thought of mystery boy who would receive the bouquet. Jungkook hoped the stranger would like the purple flowers, as they were indeed very beautiful.

Jungkook looked up at the clock and wondered silently when Yoongi would start his shift and cast away this spell of loneliness the raven haired boy had succumbed to. He sighed again, but slowly smiled remembering where he was. In a flower shop. Working in a flower shop. Who could be sad in a flower shop?

Setting the pen down, Jungkook fumbled with the zipper of his pink jacket as he reread the words now inscribed underneath "From: Jinwoo", just to make sure it sounded alright one more time. He thought it did.

////

Taehyung was pretty sure he was in love.

Now, he didn't want to get ahead of himself, since he had claimed his boyfriend as his own only six months ago. But he just seemed so perfect.

Jinwoo had his own style, one that differed largely from Taehyung's. For one, he was quite wealthy, a boy who had mastered the art of leeching off of a successful parent's wealth. But Taehyung never had a good relationship with his parents anyway, so he saw this relationship as one built of fondness and strength. "Love brings people to each other, but money keeps them there," Jinwoo once said with a laugh, and Taehyung didn't have it in him to say otherwise.

Secondly, Jinwoo was not a sap. He was never one to give cuddles, or little cheek kisses, or whisper "I love you" even when he knows his boyfriend is asleep.

But Taehyung understands that not everyone is like himself, and with that being said, he thinks himself lucky to have found a man like Jinwoo. He is practical, sturdy, and reliable; character traits Taehyung once went into a frenzy after associating with his boyfriend because, well... it sounded like he was describing an IKEA desk.

However, Taehyung must have judged too soon, because maybe Jinwoo was a sap. He just had a hard time showing it.

Taehyung smiled, unable to hold back the little giggle that escaped his mouth. In his slender fingers was a card from Jinwoo that accompanied a lovely bouquet of purple buttercups, each one prettier than the last.

When the flowers had first arrived, they were delivered to Taehyung by a smiley red haired man who chuckled upon seeing Taehyung's loving reaction to the flowers.

"For.. for me?" He spluttered nervously, glancing at the man in front of him.

"Are you Kim Taehyung?" The man asked, and seeing the blonde's eyes light up, he already knew the answer.