𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 🍂

last chapter, except there is an epilogue!
lesgetit

🍂
𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
🍂

"Taehyungie? You okay?" Jungkook called out from the living room. Taehyung didn't say anything. He paged through the journal with shaky fingers.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook called again, still sitting patiently on the couch. Slowly, Taehyung emerged from the bedroom, face solemn. He carried something behind his back. "Tae," Jungkook murmured softly. "I missed you."

Taehyung's eyes blinked robotically, and he moved like a wind-up toy- he was winding, winding, and he was about to let go. "What the hell is this?" Taehyung whispered sharply, bringing out the journal from behind his back. Jungkook's eyes widened.

"That's my- my journal. Why do you have it?" Jungkook squeaked, heartbeat quickening. He stood up from the couch shakily. "Give it," he tried, but Taehyung held it high above his head and gave Jungkook a look that shut him right up.

"You wrote the bouquet notes?" Taehyung asked quietly. Jungkook gulped, and his chest heaved from his intake of sharp breaths. Jungkook nodded, hair bouncing. "Why didn't you tell me, huh?"

Jungkook took a step closer to Taehyung. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to... I didn't want to make things worse for you," Jungkook voiced. Taehyung looked down at the younger, unblinking, chest pushed out. "Are you mad at me?" Jungkook whispered. No response. Jungkook leaped up and tried to grab the journal, but Taehyung pushed him back down.

"You didn't want to make things worse for me? Is that it?" Taehyung snapped. Jungkook nodded quickly, trying not to flinch.

"Why- why are you mad?" Jungkook squeaked, curling his trembling fingers into little fists. "I understand you're surprised, and I'm sorry, but-"

"Oh, you're sorry," Taehyung mocked. Jungkook peered up at him confusedly. Then, to the hallway he emerged from, Taehyung snapped, "He's sorry."

"Yes- Taehyung, what's wrong with you?" Jungkook prodded, looking up at his journal anxiously. The younger felt a heaviness in his chest, a python slithering up his neck and squeezing it. "Give it back," Jungkook pleaded, reaching for the journal. "It's personal-"

"Oh, it's personal?" Taehyung accused, taking a step away from Jungkook. "Jungkook, why are you writing notes for Jinwoo? Why are you still writing notes for Jinwoo?" Taehyung opened the journal up, flipping through the pages for a date. Jungkook fumbled, gripping onto a chair next to him.

"Please," Jungkook pleaded. He had written a lot of personal stuff in that journal, and Taehyung was skimming through it all like it was nothing. "Give it back."

"You wrote a poem two days ago," Taehyung finished. Jungkook gulped. "Is he paying you? Is that it? Why are you still doing this for my ex boyfriend?"

Jungkook's breaths came out raggedy and unsteady. "It's n- not a big deal, Taehyung," Jungkook tried. Taehyung scoffed, placing his fingers on his temple.

"Maybe to you it's not. You were never manipulated by Jinwoo," Taehyung snapped. "Here let me read this to you," he began, holding the journal out in front of him. "My Eunho, the rain falling reminds me of you, because it is falling hard and I am too."