𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 🥀

"It seems to me,
that love could be labeled poison
and we'd drink it anyways."
- Atticus

🥀
𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
🥀

When Taehyung opened the door of his home, Jinwoo was laying on the couch, legs sprawled and hands clutching an unopened bottle of beer.

Jinwoo turned around when he heard the jingling of Taehyung's keys, like a symphony of Santa's elves singing songs before Christmas. A snowstorm was coming.

It was cold outside, and Taehyung shivered as his skin adjusted to the warmth of his home. Rain threatened to drip from clouds like leaky faucets, and Jinwoo pulled himself up from the couch to greet his boyfriend.

"Baby," Jinwoo murmured, smiling a little. As he wrapped his arms around Taehyung's stiff frame, the blonde boy let himself relish in the scent of his boyfriend. It may be the last time Taehyung was ever this close to him.

Jinwoo smelled like guilty pleasures. A man of sins, emitting fumes of cigarettes and whiskey and the last line of a love letter. Jinwoo smelled like sweat and manliness, and his hands were worn down from the hardships of infidelity.

Taehyung didn't hug back, but allowed Jinwoo to squeeze him and lift him up so his toes were off the ground. But he wasn't flying, he was falling, and when Jinwoo set him down he was dying.

"How was your day?" Jinwoo asked, bringing his hands up to cup Taehyung's cheeks, and Taehyung let them crawl down to his neck, slithering to his shoulders and running down his arms. Every single part of Taehyung was contaminated by Jinwoo's touch.

Taehyung wanted to shed his skin like a snake, and run around as a nameless, faceless entity, away from the epic highs and lows of heartbreak. He wanted away from Jinwoo, who was poison on his tongue. Away from Jungkook, who was too beautifully sweet to be Taehyung's. Taehyung wanted to run away from himself, because he was a fool.

"How was your day?" Taehyung asked shakily, because he couldn't bring himself to answer. Jinwoo tangled his fingers into Taehyung's own, trapping him in a net of touches. Jinwoo smiled a killer's smile- he was both the spider and the prey entangled in its web. He knew what he was doing.

"Good, but tiring. Did a lot of work," Jinwoo admitted, lifting up Taehyung's shirt a little, placing his hands on Taehyung's hips and rubbing little circles with the tips of his fingers. Every touch was poison, every second was drowning.

"A lot of work, huh?" Taehyung asked innocently, and Jinwoo tilted his head confusedly. Bile crept up his throat, and Taehyung gulped it down.

"Yeah. Maybe you could make me feel better, baby," Jinwoo whispered, mouth hovering by Taehyung's ear. Taehyung felt hot breath on his neck, and he flinched. He was scared, because he was alone. Alone with Jinwoo, alone without Jinwoo, alone within himself.

"Can I ask you something?" Taehyung whispered, hand making its way to Jinwoo's neck. His fingertips pushed lightly into the murky skin, and Jinwoo sighed in satisfaction.

"Yes, baby. Anything for you."

Taehyung's fingers pushed down harder, and his heartbeat quickened. Out of his mouth came fire, and the burning of the tongue that comes after. "Are you cheating on me, baby?" Taehyung asked, poison filling the air like a wildfire.

Jinwoo's breath hitched in the back of his throat. He was quiet. Taehyung lifted his fingers off of Jinwoo's neck, blinking at the little circle marks that stained the skin. There was no sound except the sound of breathing, and the ticking of a small wooden clock from across the room.