5. Now What?

"Now what?" I thought out loud. "Why did Paul call?" I questioned that quite loudly. At least, loud enough for Mimi to hear me awake. The door opened so suddenly that I jumped back on my bed and hit my head on the wall behind.

  "John?" Mimi spoke out of darkness of the corridor.

  "Mimi, go away-" I said pulling the duvet on my bare chest. "I'm not decent!"

  Mimi quickly looked away and spun around to face the opposite direction, "May I, now?"

  "Mhm.." I nodded awkwardly.

  She turned around to look at me with my duvet up to my nose and noted, "How many times did I tell you to have your clothes on when you're in bed?"

  "Mimi, I-"

  "Especially, in the Winter, John!"

  "I was feeling hot, Mimi!" I complained truthfully.

  "You what?" she placed her hands on her hips and raised her eye-brows in disbelief. "Now, what are you doing awake, may I ask, John?" she asked rather sympathetically.

  "Well..." I thought of what could've been a good excuse. "Well, you see, I got woken up by the shrilling sound of the telephone ringing!"

  "Really?"

  "Really, Mimi! I swear."

  Mimi walked up to me and, still keeping a reasonable distance, sat down beside me, placing a hand on my burning head. Then her sorry face changed to a worried one, "John! You've caught a fever!" she started feeling my cheeks and neck and back to my fore-head.

  "No, Mimi," I said quickly, not wanting Mimi to say that I didn't have the permission to go out anymore.

  "Yes, dear!" she said standing up quickly and looking even more shocked when she found my window open. "What is this?"

  "A open window, Mimi." I said casually.

  "No, AN open window!" she said shutting it with too much force, making me shake.

  "Mimi," I said, annoyed. "I feel hot!"

  "You're unwell, John!" she exclaimed. Then she made her way to the door and turning the light off, she said, "Sleep well, John." and left the room.

  "Sleep well, John..." I mimicked her angrily in silence. "How the hell am I gonna do that?" and saying so, I opened the windows ajar and soon, fell asleep.

-----------

  I woke up by no-one and nothing. I looked at the little table calender: Saturday. 

  I quickly got up and realized that I was still on my briefs then, grinned remembering what happened last night. I got ready, showered, had breakfast and the rest. However, as soon as I swung my guitar over my shoulder and tried to run out of the house without being noticed, I was noticed.

  "Where are you heading off to, in such a rush, John?" Mimi asked with her eyes glued to the newspaper.

  "Off to..." I tried to think where I was leaving to. "Off to Paul's!" I spat out. I didn't mean to say that.

  "Alright then," she said, still not looking up. "Call me up when you get there, hm?"

  I stayed quiet. I really didn't want to go to Paul's house; I was only planning to go to Strawberry Fields.

  "Well?" she lifted her eyes up to look at me. "Go on then."

  "Yeah," I nodded and left the house.