7. Paul?

"Paul?" I gulped, trying my hardest not to sound or look nervous.

  "That's right." he frowned. "I heard what Mimi told you about having friends over." he smiled.

  I was so relieved that I nearly wet my pants. I sighed the loudest sigh one had ever heard and everyone just stared at me like I was mad. I heard Paul giggle from the back and I knew that he understood what was going through my head. I started laughing uncontrolably. I was so... so... so... RELIEVED. It was like finding a river after days of thirst in a deseart. All the heavy weights in my head came right down my body and out through my toes.

  "You okay, John?" Paul's dad asked.

  "YEAH!" I tried to stop laughing. "Yh- yeah, I'm fine, sir. I'm so okay!"

  "Oh," he said awkwardly. "Right, then. Well, um...you see, Paul can't go to your house today." 

  My smile faded, "Why, Mr. McCartney?"

  "Well, you see, Paul has got his important English exams next week and he hasn't taken much quality time into studying... So, why don't you call other friends over, huh, John?" he smiled sympathetically.

  "I've got those English exams too, sir.. But Mr. McCartney, Paul has been studying non-stop. Everytime I see him in school, he's always studying; either in the library or in one corner of the form room."

  "Yes, but you see, Lennon. That's not enough for a boy like, Paul. He needs to spend more time academically. He needs the full mark. No less. It may not be a factor in your case, but I will not tollerate 98 out of 100." he gave me a strict, firm look.

  I looked away and rolled my eyes at the cieling, trying not to look rude. I sighed, "But, sir. You know how close Paul and I are. He's the friend everyone expects to see in a party."

  "A party?" Paul's dad frowned.

  "N- no, sir. That was just a example."

  "See, Lennon. It's an example not a example. I cannot give Paul with a friend that has so little knowledge on... anything."

  I was getting fed-up with this moaner, directly adressing me negatively. What a loser. 

  "Dad?" suddedly a hopeful voice spoke up; thanks Paul.

  Paul's dad looked at his son, who was fiddling with his fingers nervously.

  "I promise to study my hardest but just let me hang out at John's for an hour or two."

  Paul's dad looked at his son with disappointment but then looked at his shiny watch, "It's half past ten, now. I give you two hours- exact- not a minute more. I'll be expecting to see you at half past twelve."

  We both nodded and as Paul thanked his arse paining father, we bolted out the door and hurried down the roads. My house wasn't too far from Paul's; it was a twenty minutes' walk to be exact. But as we ran as fast as we could down the road, it only took about half the original time. Suddenly, a few metres away from our reach of the gate to my place, Paul pulled me by my leather jacket to stop. He was panting like a puppy. 

  "What is it, Paul?" I asked, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

  "I'm tired." he was out of breath.

  "Oh c'mon. Only little left. My house just a few steps away."

  "Wait." he suddenly wrapped his arms around my neck.

  "Okay, I can wait like this." I smiled. "I mean, no one will find this suspicious or anything." I said sarcastically.

  "Oh, shut up, Lennon, will you." Paul laughed.

  "Well, come on then, lazy bum!" I playfully slapped his bottom.

  "Hey!" he chuckled.

  "Catch me!" and as I said that, I ran as he chased me down till we crashed face on the door.

Sorry for making you all wait for so long. I do apologise for the short chapter but have faith in me- next time, I swear to write a longer one. I've been really busy writing music for this opera at my school and rehearsing too. I've been reading a lot of cool books that I recently bought and have been working on two a horror stories one called, Rain and the other, By the Windows. I also have been busy editing, filming and writing story boards for videos on the channel, LifeofAyaz on YouTube, which is actually a channel of my brother's mostly but my dad, mom and myself will be featuring in some up-coming videos. Subscribe if you like the videos.

  And again, thanks for being patient and reading. Vote, comment, share and blah blah blah.

One question- Who likes Buddy Holly?!