10. George

George stared at us as we broke out from the kiss. I placed my hands on Paul's shoulders and offered him a tender smile. I stared at his eyes and still could feel George's eyes on the two of us. From the corner of my eyes, I could just about make out his surprized face. I spun around and waved my hands in front of Harrison's face as he shook his head and came back to reality.

  "What's up?" I asked.

  "Er..." he blinked uncontrollably.

  Paul touched the back of my neck with his lips and whispered, "Geo's just shocked to see us kiss, John."

  "Ah, little boy's gonna get used to it!" I patted George's back. "It's just the beginning." I winked.

  I couldn't tell completely of what was going through George's head. He seemed sort of happy and sort of sad at the exact same time. I remember hoping that he just wouldn't end up hating us- and moreover, leaving the band. He was the best lead guitarist so far and we just could not afford to lose George. Not in a million years could The Quarrymen find a guitarist like George Harrison; that's if we managed to live for a million years, of course!

  "You two are..." George shuffled uncomfortably. 

  "Cor! Do we have to go through a 'be mature about it' explanation?" I exclaimed.

  "Yes, George." Paul wrapped his arms around my body from the back like a wife. "I don't fully know about Johnny but I think, I'm queer. For John Lennon." and kissed my ear with a little bit of tongue.

  It made me shiver inside and close my eyes, only to savor the tenderness.

  "So..." George's voice was shaky. "Do I have to be aware of anything else?"

  "What does that mean?" I asked.

  "Well, you know," he looked away. "I just keep finding new things from the two of you; is there anything else, you haven't yet told me?" 

  "Yes, there is." I said.

  "What is there?" Paul looked at me.

  "That I'm not sure if I am queer..." I replied.

  George's eyes lit up with confused tention.

  "What?" Paul's voice vibrated.

  "I said it." I looked down at the floor. "I dunno if I'm queer... for..." I looked at Paul. "You."

  "Wha-?" George started. "What's that supposed to mean?"

  "Well, there's someone else that I also like. And he's a guy, as well. But I only fancy him... and I love Paulie. So, I think, I'm just queer. Not only for Paul but just... normally..."

  "So, do you like him more than you do to me, John?" Paul asked in a little voice.

  "Of course not!" I pulled Paul in an embrace as George gave out a little smile.

  "I love you, babe." Paul kissed my nose.

  "I love you too." I said.

  "Er..." George blushed. "This is sort of sweet, like."

  "What, us?" I asked.

  "Yeah..." I muttered. 

  "Sure it is, but you can't join us. Not interested in threesomes." I laughed as did the other two.

  "And I only love one man." Paul kissed my jaw.

  George laughed and shook his head, "I'll probably go for a gal."

  "Up to you, Scousy!" I giggled.

   After talking the minutes through, we were strumming on our guitars; Paul, George and myself. George went on doing his usual show-off stuff; riffs and melodies and from time to time doing his stylised harmonies of the guitar. Paul and I laughed and called out, "Show-off!" everytime he played his riffs. Paul was being his usual self, and was making up lyrics on stop that hardly made any sense. We started writing the words down on a scrap piece of paper. A weird song that had it's chorus right after the riff came and- you've guessed it- the chorus was, "Show-off!". Everytime we said that, all three of us bursted out laughing. Quite a few times, George missed the notes trying to control his wide mouthed laughs. 

  Everything was just great, until Mimi came in, obviously. She just didn't have anything for Rock 'n' Roll music. All she'd listen to was classical. But that didn't bother me anymore because I knew that if I liked Chuck Berry but didn't like Franz Lizst, when she liked Franz Lizst and hated Chuck Berry, it was quite fair. However, she did admit that Chuck Berry had a great talent and that if I wanted to play guitar, I'd have to be good enough to play some of his stuff. See, we weren't the usual the '50s' racist family. We were ordianry people who cared about love and peace. I may have been a rebel in school but, I didn't show any negative attitude towards someone without a real good reason. 

  "Alright, jamming time is up." Mimi announced. 

  "Jamming?" Paul laughed. 

  "That's right." Mimi giggled. "John taught me the word."

  We all laughed and for some reason, George was really red. Not pink. Red. Paul was laughing too but he wasn't red like George. Something was unusual about George. He was usually the emotionless one. Something suspicious.

  As Mimi and I waved Paul and George goodbye, they waved back and made their ways to Paul's house. They wanted to 'jam' a little more. They wanted to come up with proper lyrics. I didn't go with Paul because only an hour ago, I got Paul to my place and now, go back? Nope. Jim didn't like me much so, I thought that I'd be safer in my house. Not until the next day...