11. I Opened My Eyes

I opened my eyes as the alarm started to ring. Because I had managed to break the last table clock that used to be mine, Mimi bought me a new one. This one wasn't as stylish, nor was it as expensive as the one before. Mimi didn't trust me precious things anymore. Since then, I ensured myself that I wouldn't get a second guitar from my aunt. Unless, she loved me like she said she did, and denied the fact that I wasn't a trustworthy lad. I perfectly knew from the very beginning that she loved me more than a mother could do. Well, at least, more than my mother could do. Mimi always had her eyes on me. She'd praise me more than I deserved when I did something good; she'd also nag on and complain and shout and yell and moan and groan and cry about things that I did wrong. Although, I often shouted back at her when she'd be furious over me, I'd later regret doing so because I knew, always, that Mimi would have scowled at me only when things got too bad and when I needed some-one to guide me, or else, I'd fall off the tracks of life. Basically, all Mimi ever did for me was for my best. But, me, being the Stubborn Lennon as ever, often stuck to my own choices and decisions; forgetting true wise words. I might have looked like a care-free rebel, which I was, I still had feelings. I might have looked like the one and only 'baddy' but my heart was soft and emotional. 

  I decided to not slam the clock and instead, gently press the button so it would stop ringing. I stretched and yawned. I looked at my body, that looked rather pale under the raw sunlight, and grinned because the muscular shapes on my body were purely visible at that moment. I looked over my left shoulder and smiled at my biceps muscle. All the girls loved me for being John Lennon. The hair, eyes, nose, lips, attitude, humour, fashion, body, everything about John, here, came to their likes. And for the boys? They were jelous and would envy me. I don't know what Stuart thinks of me... I had my eyes on Stu since year eight. But I didn't know I was queer, then. Now, I do; after four years of feeling lonely- even when a girl lay on top of me. And Paul McCartney. I didn't think I'd like him at all! I was quite stunned my his guitar playing and his singing but... not his looks. However, slowly after getting to know him for just over a year, I was fluttered by his beauty. Very much attracted and too much in love. Paul is an angel-faced-devil. You look at him and you go, 'Oh, my! What a gentle looking boy! Perhaps, I should tell me ex-girlfriend to have a think about marriage.' then the next thing you know, Paul is doing drugs and lying on top of guys. Well, that was just an over exaggerated example of his personality; but you know what I mean.

  I sat up and started to get dressed in my uniform. I didn't bother tucking the shirt fully, nor did I care about the tie but I put it on, anyway, and left it slightly lose with the top two buttons open to reveal my skin. I made sure that one side of my shirt stayed tucked in my trousers and the other stayed out; those were just ways of getting attention. I picked up a comb and did my hair; first looked at my stylish appearance on the mirror then moved my eyes to the poster right beside it: Elvis Presley. I winked at the photograph and gave my hair a tiny bit of finishing touch then left to find my socks. I looked under my bed and one sock of a pair. I pulled it out and looked for the other one. My eyes scanned the whole of my unorganized room and suddenly stopped when my sight caught the other sock. I walked over to my guitar, which was leaned against the corner of my closet, and looked inside the instrument's vibration hole. There it was. I frowned at how the sock made it's way in there then shrugged the thought off and pulled it out. I took a seat on a stool and pulled the pair on. I picked my brown leather rucksack and placed it on my shoulders, walking out my room. I slid down the railing of the stair-well and shouted, "Mimi! Breakfast!" 

  "It's ready, John," Mimi called out from the kitchen. "Can't you smell it?" she seemed rather excited.

  "Smells like..." I sniffed the air as I made my way into the kitchen. "Cheese and chicken!"