14. She Lay on My Chest

She lay on my chest, breathing softly through her mouth. My heart beated fast and visibly. I stroked her hair gently. I felt the soft fair, blonde colors by my cheek. I kissed it. I breathed the smooth smell into my heart. It felt good but it felt... I couldn't tell. It felt... not like love... But I loved her.

  The moonlight poured through the open windows. A soft and gentle breeze swept through our hair. It was rather calm and peaceful. I breathed heavily but it felt good. All that exhaustion was worth it. 

  We remained silent. Enjoyed the peace between the two of us, breathing and loveing every second.  Cynthia Powell came to me as if in a dream. On my birthday. When misery was taking it's toll. When Paul left me. When I had thought, it was the end. When I felt hopeless, thinking Paul was all I could ever have, want, need. But then there was a beautiful girl waiting in the story of my life for cheering me up.

  I held Cynthia to my chest, at my heart. She belonged there. My fingers fiddled with her hair and her hands stroked at my bare skin. I closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep but suddenly opened them again as I heard Cynthia call my name.

  "Hm?" I looked at her.

  "You better start going home, John. Mimi will get you in trouble, otherwise." she leaned over my face with her leg across my body. "And my mother's going to be back, as well." she smiled.

  "Yeah..." I really didn't want to leave her. It felt important to stay with her. Besides, I was too tired and exhausted to put my clothes back on. I felt her eyes staring at me, frowning and smiling sympathetically. She continued to stroke my chest.

  "Oh look," she pointed at my chest. "You forgot to get this one tiny hair out!" she laughed.

  "Oh stop!" I playfully pushed her, then pulled her head back onto my chest. Then, slowly shuffling off a little, I sat up, "I've got to get going." I sighed.

  She gave me a little nod, slowly moving her hand up to my cheek and placing a kiss on each on of them.

  I looked at her then smiled. I slid out of the bed and started pulling my underpants on.

  She stared at me.

  I pulled my jeans and then my caramel colored shirt. 

  "Let me help you with the buttons." she got off of the bed and walked to me.

  I stared at her skin. At her fully exposed body. At her perfections.

  She started at the last button, doing them slowly with a smile.

  I stared at her, brushing the hair off her face, "Why are you smiling, Cyn?"

  "Is there something wrong?" she grinned; wider.

  "No-"

  "I'm happy, John." she moved her hands onto my torso. Crawling up and down my skin, through the open buttons.

  I stared at her to continue. Also, because I couldn't speak. Because if I had tried to speak, I'd only moan. My heart raced. My face burned. My insides where on fire.

  "I'm happy because," she looked up at my eyes. "Because... I really enjoyed being with you. I really had never got this close to any-one. Like, literally, this close!"

  "Kiss." I stroked her shoulders, moving down to her chest.

  She smiled and softly closing her eyes, she leaned in, pleasantly. 

   Then she told me the words that someone else had told me not long ago. 

  The exact words a sweet lover of mine had told me.

  The words of love. 

  Not the song of Buddy Holly.

  As in the three, famous, never-cheesy words. 

  She said, "I love you."

  Did she really mean it?

So sorry for such a long break of no uploading and then making you wait for so long only to find such a short chapter! I'd been really busy! I'VE GOT A GOOD REASON THIS TIME! I had a few shows for my school's 50th brithday. I'd been REALLY tired since then.

By the way, tell me if you are into horror stories.