•01•

"Come on, Ezra! We're gonna be late if you don't get up right now!" the sound of my cousin banging on my bedroom door, brought me out of my dreamless sleep. I groaned and grabbed one of my pillows and pulled it over my face, "Ezraa!"

"Alright, alright, I'm up!" I shouted as I tossed my pillow aside.

"30 minutes, Ez!" Jonas shouted. I listened for his footsteps as they slowly faded away. I sighed as I tossed my blanket aside and made my way to my bathroom which was connected to mine and Jonas's rooms. His room being on the opposite end.

I pulled open the door and rubbed my eyes as I walked to the sink. I looked in the mirror and my eyes narrowed on the mop of black on the top of my head. It was a mess. I groaned. I would need more than half an hour to get ready. Why didn't Jonas wake me up earlier?

I walked to the shower and turned it on. I quickly stripped from my clothes and hopped in beginning my morning routine. After showering and washing my hair, I climbed out of the shower. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist, I walked into my room.

I quickly got dressed, tossing on a pair of gray jeans, a black A Day To Remember t-shirt, a black and gray sweat shirt and a pair of black vans.

Once I was dressed I walked to my mirror and towel dried my hair then brushed it as best as I could

Once I was dressed I walked to my mirror and towel dried my hair then brushed it as best as I could. I grabbed my contacts and put them in.

"Ezra!" Jonas called and I groaned in annoyance. I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of my room.

"I'm coming!" I ran downstairs and walked into the kitchen, where Jonas was waiting.

"Finally! Here. We have no time for breakfast because you were late," Jonas said and he tossed an apple at me. I tried to catch it but it ended up hitting me in the head.

"Shit," I grumbled angrily as I rubbed my forehead.

"You have the absolute worst hand-eye coordination. How are you even able to swim?" Jonas laughed and I rolled my eyes as I bent down to grab the apple.

"Can we just go?" I asked my cousin and he nodded his head.

"Yeah, come on," Jonas and I walked outside to his blue Cadillac. I climbed in on the passenger side and leaned back as Jonas climbed in and started the car. He pulled off and drove towards our school.

"There are gonna be new students at Forks this year," my cousin said as he kept his eyes on the road, "Dad says they're the new doctor's kids."

"Great," I rolled my eyes silently, "More kids to terrorize me."

"No one will mess with you, Ez. Just say the word and I'll kick their asses," Jonas clenched his jaw as he looked over at me. I smiled slightly at my cousin.

Jonas was only two years older than I was, but he treated me like I was almost 5 years younger. He was very protective and he was always threatening to kick someone's ass or defending my honor. He was one of my favorite people in the world even if he irked me to the core. I don't know what I'd do without him.