•09•

After a wonderful weekend with Emmett and the other Cullens, I was dreading the routine to school that following Monday. As promised, Alice had stolen me away for a fashion show and with the help of Rosalie, I had an almost entirely new wardrobe. Rosalie had even offered some clothes that Marshall couldn't seem to fit.

Alice had made me promise to wear one of my many new outfits to school that Monday, so there I sat in my room trying to find one that wasn't too flashy. I decided the least flashy outfit was the khaki pants and navy blue sweater outfit. I put on a white t-shirt before slipping on the sweater and the pants and I put on a pair of Gray vans.

To satisfy Alice, I even went through the lengths of combing and styling my hair, managing to actually tame it for once in my life

To satisfy Alice, I even went through the lengths of combing and styling my hair, managing to actually tame it for once in my life. When I was finally ready for school, a honk outside signaled that Nic was waiting for me. I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs and grabbed my jacket, shrugging it on quickly. Once I was set, I opened the door as Nic continued to honk.

I rolled my eyes I made my way towards Nic's old 1976 CJ5 Jeep Classic, aka his baby. Amelia was sitting in the front seat as usual so I opened the backdoor and slipped into the car.

"Was all that honking really necessary? You could have woke my neighbors, dumbass," I rolled my eyes at my friend. He just looked back at me with a smirk.

"Aw, they'll be fine. They need a wake up call," Nic laughed as he started his car and pulled off down the road, "So, what's with the new look, Ezzy?"

"Yeah, seriously. You totally look like a model gay now," Amelia teased and I yet again rolled my eyes. I was used to my girl best friend's teasing so I just let it go.

"Emmett's sisters, Alice and Rosalie, thought they'd give me a make-over," I said, leaning back in my seat.

"Uh, rude! You let some girls you hardly know dress you up but not your best friend of 7 years," Amelia scoffed in offense.

"I didn't even want them to dress me up, Amelia. They just did," I said as I shrugged casually.

"Excuses, excuses," Amelia said and I rolled my eyes at her.

"So speaking of Emmett, what's up with you and lover boy?" Nic asked, trying to break the tension. I found myself smiling at the mere mention of Emmett. I looked down at my hands in my lap as I bit my lower lip gently, "That good, huh?" Nic chuckled as he glanced back at me through his rearview mirror.

"He kissed me on Friday," I mumbled softly, almost too soft for my friends to hear but they had picked it up. Nic had slammed on the brakes so abruptly, my head snapped forward and yanked back. Nic and Amelia both spun around in their seats to look at me.

"What?!" They shouted in harmony. I shook the blurriness from my vision as I rubbed the back of my neck, trying to ease the pain.

"Fuckin' Hell! You almost killed me! I think I have whiplash," I said as I massaged my neck.