•06•

Ezra's POV

It's been two weeks since I've agreed to Emmett's request of friendship. Nothing had changed really, except Emmett talked to me every chance he could get. Every class we shared, Emmett would occupy the normally empty seat at my side and tell me some story or some joke and hassle me with questions.

I didn't mind it though. I had grown comfortable with the bear of a man. It had only taken him a week to have me almost completely comfortable around him. He was just so easygoing. He always had a smile on his face, and his attempts at flirting always left me blushing but never failed to make me smile. He was something else.

Emmett didn't push me to talk about the personal stuff in my life. He did ask about my parents and after receiving a vague response from me then being ignore for a few hours, he learned not to bring them up again. He made sure never to say anything to get me upset, it was like he knew how to approach me. He knew me. It was strange, but it was also pleasant.

I talked to his brother a lot more as well. Jasper. He was a really nice guy once I had finally took the chance to get to know him. He didn't talk much of himself, much like Emmett, but he shared a enough with me. Jasper was interesting to talk to.

He shared my love of History. It was interesting his prospective and sharing my own thoughts on certain aspects of History. He also shared my love of books. We were always comparing books we've read together.

But although Jasper talked to me more, Rosalie definitely didn't. I'm pretty sure she had still hated me. Every time I would look at her, she would glare at me or roll her eyes at me. I didn't care though, much like I did every one else in the school I brushed her aside.

"Ezra," Emmett poked me in my side, trying to gain my attention. I turned my head to look at the boy. He flashed me a small grin. We were currently sitting in the library during our free period. It was a Friday. I was pretty excited for the end of the week.

Unbeknownst to Emmett, I was still dealing with shit when he wasn't around. I didn't bother to tell him because I knew he'd probably do something stupid for my protection, and I didn't want him to get in trouble.

When Tyler Crowley returned to school the next day, I saw just how badly Emmett roughed him up. He gave the kid a broken nose and Tyler sported a few bruises on his ebony covered face. Emmett was lucky Tyler didn't press charges. I made Emmett promise not to hit anyone else again in my honor. He reluctantly agreed, though I knew he wasn't happy about it.

I realized I forgot to answer the bear of a boy and raised a single eyebrow, "What?" I asked, my gaze returning to my book. I was currently reading War and Peace. Jasper had suggested it. It was actually quite good.

"I asked if you want come over to my house tomorrow?" Emmett asked and I dropped my book, looking at my newfound friend in shock. My eyes wide.

"W-what?"

"Well I figured since we're finally friends, you have to properly meet my family," Emmett grinned at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Do I have to?" I asked him, frowning slightly. I felt slightly nervous.

"Well no," Emmett frowned as he looked at me silently, "I won't force you. But it would be great!" He smiled a rather reassuring smile at me, "My family would love you! My mom, Esme, is already looking forward to meeting you. Please just think about it."

I sighed as Emmett looked at me with a small pout. I rolled my eyes silently, running a hand through my hair.

"Okay. Fine," I mumbled. I knew I had made the right decision when Emmett grinned brightly at me. I rolled my eyes, but I flashed him a small smile.