•04•

So, it's been two weeks. Edward had finally returned from Denali. In those two weeks, Bella had inserted herself into my friend group. The guys were like all crushing on her, Jessica was jealous of her, and poor Angela and Amelia were just trying to properly get to know her.

I had liked Bella. She may have been super awkward, but she made me laugh and she almost seemed to be as sarcastic as I was.

I was currently sitting at the lunch table with my friends, eating a plate of french fries when Mike spoke up from behind me, "Hey, Ez, we're all heading to La Push. We know you don't really like to go, but we'd love if you'd come. You in?"

I turned my head to look back at the blond to see him smiling reassuringly at me. I knew I couldn't hold off on it much longer. Plus I was at the Res a few weeks ago, and it didn't go that bed. I supposed going to the beach wouldn't hurt. So I nodded my head and flashed a small smile, "Sure, I'm in. But I don't surf. I'll probably just bring a book and call it a day."

"What kind of swimmer are you?" Nic joked and I rolled my eyes silently.

"A swimmer who doesn't surf, jackass," I chucked a handful of fries at my best friend. Everyone laughed as Nic rolled his eyes and pouted at me playfully. I grinned and turned to finish eating my fries, looking down at my plate.

"Hey, Bella! La Push, baby, you in," Eric said as he plopped down at the table. I looked up at my Asian friend, lifting an eyebrow as I ate my fries silently. I then turned my head to see Bella setting her bag down beside me. She looked confusedly at Eric.

"Should I know what that means?" She asked.

"La Push beach down at the Quillette Res. We're all going tomorrow," Mike said.

"Yeah there's a big swell coming in," Jessica said.

"And I don't just surf the internet," Eric jumped up on his chair and pretended to surf, causing me to snicker at him and roll my eyes. He looked like an idiot.

"Eric, you stood up once and it was on a foam board," Jessica snorted and I smirked silently at Eric's frown. He sat down and I looked over at Bella.

"There's whale watching too. You should come," Angela tried to convince Bella.

"La Push, baby. It's La Push," Eric waved his hand smoothly and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, I'll go if you stop saying that," Bella laughed as she reached onto Jessica's plate to grab an Oreo and take a bite.

"Yeah, dude, it's creepy," Mike said and I nodded in agreement. Bella turned to walk off towards the cafeteria line.

"So, you really going to come, Ez?" Amelia asked me and I nodded my head.

"Yeah. I'll come," I shrugged casually.

"Awesome!! The whole gang heading to the beach!" Eric whooped and I rolled my eyes at my friend.

"Heads up, E, here comes Big Bad Boyfriend," Tyler pointed out, and I turned my head to see Emmett walking over to the table.

I lifted an eyebrow as he knelt down by my chair so that he was eye level with me. His hand rested on the back of my chair as he looked at me. I took notice of the darker shade of topaz in his eyes. He was hungry. I had wondered when was the last time he hunted.

"What's up, babe?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"Marshall, Rosalie, and I are going home," he said simply, "Jasper said he'd give you a ride home if you want. I don't want to leave you without a ride, " He said.

"Awww," the girls at the table cooed, and I rolled my eyes playfully. 

"I can give him a ride," Nic offered and Emmett looked at my best friend flashing the charming grin of his.

"Thanks, Nic. Appreciate it, but my brother already offered," he said before looking at me again, "Jasper will be in the parking lot for you. Call me when you get home. Okay?"

"Okay," I nodded my head, Emmett leaned in to kiss me. I kissed him back, savoring my boyfriend's lips on mine. Once he pulled away, he flashed me that grin of his once more before standing up and walking away. Marshall, Rosalie, and Emmett all walked out of the cafeteria together.

"Your boyfriend is literally the sweetest," Jessica swooned. Angela and Amelia nodded in agreement and I smiled softly.

"He really is, isn't he?"

I looked up when Bella came back to the table, and I lifted an eyebrow when I watched Edward walk away from her and took a seat at the Cullen table. I saw him speak quietly to Alice and Jasper. I looked at my friends and flashed a soft smile.

"I'm going to go spend the rest of lunch with the Cullens. I'll text you guys about the details for La Push tonight," I said.

"Bye, Ezra!" everyone shouted and I stood up, walking towards the Cullen table. I took my usual seat beside Alice. My siblings looked at me silently for a moment and I lifted a single eyebrow.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Bella Swan is Edward's blood singer," Jasper said.

"And mate," Alice offered.

"No she's not, Alice. Would you stop saying that?" Edward snapped and I lifted an eyebrow.

"Okay, first of all. What's a blood singer? And secondly, how do you know Bella is Edward's mate?"

"A blood singer is a human who's blood smells enticing towards a vampire. Their blood calls to a vampire, almost sings," Jasper explained, and I nodded my head silently.

"And Bella is Edward's blood singer?"

"Yes."

"Okay...now, the mate thing?"

"She isn't my mate," Edward said.

"I've seen it, Edward. She is your mate. Don't tell me you don't feel drawn to her? You're showing the same signs that Emmett did when it came to Ezra."

I went to think back on all of Edward's interactions with Bella. He was kind of standoffish from what I had witnessed, but he saved her from some guys in Port Angeles. I looked at Edward.

"Oh, damn," I said. Edward glared at me silently and I shook my head, "Damn, Eddie." Edward didn't say anything, he simply stood up and turned to walk out of the cafeteria. I sighed as I looked over at Jasper and Alice.

"What do we do?"

"Let nature take its course," Jasper responded as he rose to his feet, "Come on, let's go to class," he said simply. Alice stood next, grabbing Jasper's arm. We walked out of the cafeteria together, on to our next classes of the day.

Damn...Bella Swan is really shaking up our lives.