•03•

After History, I didn't see Emmett again until lunch. Oddly enough I had some of his other siblings in my classes though. One of them, the blonde who I had learned was named Rosalie was in my Trigonometry class and I was partnered with his blond brother, Rosalie's twin, Jasper, in our Earth science class.

Rosalie was an utter bitch from what I could tell. She didn't talk to anyone and she had this permanent glare on her face. She kind of reminded me of a mix of myself and Amelia. Jasper was alright, I suppose. I mean we didn't talk in class and he sat as far away from as he could without seeming like a dick.

I found that the twins had shared some of Emmett's habits. Like the constant staring. I always found one of them looking at me as if trying to figure me out. When I would look at Rosalie she would just glare at me silently, while when I would look at Jasper he would flash me a pained smile that I guess was supposed to ease my worries.

I was so thankful for lunch because I would finally have my friends at my side. I walked into the cafeteria with my usual annoyed scowl on my face. I walked through the lunch line to get some of the shittiest food I had ever seen then looked around the cafeteria for my friends.

"Ezra! Over here!" I turned my attention where my name had been called and a small smile appeared on my face at the sight of Nic and Amelia. Nic was waving frantically at me while Amelia was rolling her eyes at him. I walked towards my friends, clutching onto my lunch tray.

I kept my eyes on my friends, while I simultaneously felt eyes boring into my back. I sighed as I took a seat beside Nic, across from Amelia, and I set my tray down.

"How was your morning classes?" Amelia asked as soon as I was settled. I looked at her and just silently rolled my eyes, "That bad?" She questioned.

"I guess it could have been worse. I have one of the new students in every one of my morning classes," I said as I poked at the food on my plate. Was this supposed to be meat?

"I have the dark blond haired boy in my English class. I think his name is Marshall," Nic said as he picked up a fried and munched on it happily, "He's pretty quiet. I have the bigger one, uh, Emmett, in my Algebra class. I didn't talk to him either, but he had girls drooling all over him the entire time."

I don't know why, but I suddenly felt a pit in my stomach at the thought of girls drooling and fawning over Emmett. I tried to push my uncalled for jealousy aside and focus on my best friend's words.

"I had Emmett in my first two classes. He's not so bad," I responded vaguely. He's breaking down my walls after just a few hours and he doesn't even know it.

"I seriously think I need to start working out though. I mean guy really has all the girls looking at him. What do you think, Ezzy?" Nic flexed his biceps and I looked at his arms. Nic wasn't as big as Emmett, but he did have something there. Not much, but it was something.

"You're fine, Nic. Sexy as always," I told my best friend with a small chuckle. Nic grinned at me and put his arm over my shoulders. I could have sworn I heard a growl from somewhere behind me, but I chose to ignore it figuring my mind was just playing tricks on me.

"Thanks, Ezzy. I know I can always count on you," Nic said with a smile. I rolled my eyes, but didn't have a chance to say a word.

"Emmett Cullen is currently staring at you," Amelia whispered across the table to me and Nic. My brows furrowed in confusion and I turned my head to see that indeed, Emmett was staring at me.

His eyes were narrowed and zeroed in on something. He looked to be slightly angry or annoyed with something. I didn't like that expression on his face. I wasn't used to it. He was always smiling.