•14•

It had been a month and a half since I've discovered the Cullen family secret. I spent most of my time with the Cullens, learning more about them and their lives as vampires. I learned that they were way older than they appeared to be, Emmett was at least 80 something years old. I teased him about it all the time, basically informed him he was robbing the cradle.

Carlisle was the older of the family, of course the second oldest was Jasper which came as a bit of a surprise to me then it was Esme, Edward, Rosalie, Emmett, and Marshall. Everyone was unsure of Alice's true approximate age as she couldn't remember anything from her human life, like the year she was born.

I also learned a bit of backstory from most of the Cullens. I had learned how Rosalie became a vampire, after hearing that story I wasn't able to look at her without wanting to kill the man who committed such crimes against her. He reminded me so much of Jared...except Jared hadn't been able to get on with it unlike the sick man that was Royce King.

I had learned how Emmett became a vampire, I couldn't help but find it ironic that a bear was a cause for his near death and now bears were his favorite food and his nickname was Polar Bear. I let him know as much and he laughed for about 10 minutes at where my brain was.

Learning Carlisle's story was pretty cool, hearing how he had so much self restraint even as a newborn vampire. Esme's story broke my heart, as did Jasper's. But Jasper's also kept me on the edge of my seat aching to hear more. I felt bad for the empath, but I was glad that he had found Alice just in time.

Edward's story wasn't all that, to be honest but I still listened like a good friend when he decided to tell me his story.

I learned a lot about my family over the last few weeks. And none of it scared me away, it just made me feel that much closer to them. But even though most of my time was occupied by the Cullens, I still found time for my other friends.

Nic and Amelia were excited to hear details about my relationship with Emmett. I didn't give them much, but I did tell them about some of the cute things Emmett did for me. Like hold me when I had nightmares, or kiss me when I felt uncomfortable, or tell a random joke and stroke my hair when I was feeling upset. Nic and Amelia loved that Emmett was treating me right, they believed he was better than Jared in every way and they supported my relationship with him 100%.

Jonas also supported my relationship with Emmett. At first, he couldn't stand the thought of Emmett, but as soon as he saw how happy Emmett made me he didn't question our relationship not one bit. He saw that Emmett was just as protective of me as he was and I think they bonded over that. Every time I would bring Emmett around the house, and Jonas was home they would play video games and talk about me. It was like their common ground was me and my safety and their love for me. I took what I could get and accepted what was.

I was in the school pool swimming before swim practice. Emmett was sitting on one of the bleachers with a book in his hands. I recognized it as our History book and I noticed he was trying to get the History homework done while I tried to enjoy my time in the water before my team got here.

I was on my fifth lap when I heard a loud thud. I stopped halfway to the other end of the pool and treaded in the water as I turned my attention towards Emmett. The book had landed on the floor and Emmett's arms were crossed over his chest. He had a pout on his face that should look ridiculous on the face of someone with his stature, but honestly just made him adorable.

"What is it?" I called out to my boyfriend, raising a single eyebrow. Emmett sighed as he looked at me, that pout remaining on his oh so kissable face.

"I'm bored," he grumbled and I laughed a little, rolling my eyes as I swam towards the edge of the pool. I placed my arms on the edge and looked at my boyfriend.