•05•

I looked out the window as Jasper drove to my house. Alice was sitting up front with him, holding his hand in her lap. I couldn't help but to smile at my siblings. They were genuinely so damned cute. It almost hurt. I felt my phone vibrate in my lap, and I lifted it to see a text from my cousin.

Jo: tell dad I won't be able to call you guys tonight, got too much to do. But i'll see you guys this weekend.

Me: ok got it see ya this weekend!

I put my phone in the pocket of my jeans and looked up to see we were nearing my house. I lifted an eyebrow at the sight of Paul standing outside my house, with his crossed against his chest. He looked so much larger than he did two weeks ago. Did wolves have freakish growth spurts often?

"Ezra," Jasper sounded cautious and I turned to look at him. He and Alice were both giving looks of concern.

"It's okay. I've known him since I was a kid," I said my brother and sister.

"Emmett won't like this," Alice said.

"Paul won't hurt me," I assured, "I'm going now. I'll see you guys later," I said as I climbed out of the car, taking my bag with me. I shut the door and waved to my siblings before walking over Paul. He looked at me silently and I lifted a single eyebrow as I looked up at him, "Come on inside. It's too cold to be standing out here."

I didn't wait for him to respond, I just walked towards my door, pulling my keys from my back pocket. I unlocked the door and pushed it open, stepping into the house. Paul followed closely after me, and shut the door behind him once he was inside. I set my bag down on the ground and walked into the living room, turning to look at the wolf before me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms against my own chest as Paul stepped into the room. He looked at me silently before looking down at the ground.

"I wanted to apologize for the way I acted two weeks ago," he said lowly before looking up at me, "It wasn't right and it wasn't fair."

"You're right it wasn't," I said, keeping my arms crossed against my chest.

"It's just...this wolf thing gives me a wicked temper and when I heard you were in a relationship with a Cullen, I just got super upset. I'm sorry, Ezra."

"Yeah. About that. Why were you upset? Jacob said it's because you're in love with me. Is that true?"

"No, yes...I don't know. Maybe. I wouldn't call it love. But I have had a crush on you for a while, yes," Paul said, and I nodded my head silently.

"I'm with Emmett, Paul," I said and Paul clenched his jaw tightly.

"I know."

"I don't think you do. So I'm going to say it again. I'm with Emmett, Paul," I said. Paul let out an angry growl which caused me to take an involuntary step back, my eyes widening as I looked up at him.

"Don'y you think I know that, Ezra? Don't you think I know you belong to someone else? Don't you think I lie awake at night wishing it was me that you loved, but instead its a fucking vampire. Don't you think I know that? I know that! And I have to live with that, for the rest of my life. I can't even kill the bastard because he has done nothing to break the treaty. He has done nothing except love you. And I can't kill him for that." I was silent as Paul ranted and I looked at him silently. He no longer looked angry, just heartbroken. I sighed as I shook my head silently, taking a step towards him.